Which fuses to tap for SGDCHW hardwire parking?

we'll release a text file update later on, for now just doing it via the camera menu is the way to go

yes you will have to use the LCD screen for now, it can be annoying to read with my old eyes and at a angle, so what i often do is slide the camera off the mount and hold it more vertical while i change the settings.
My eyes are now so old any smaller lettering and i cant read it without glasses.

The test update jokiin speak about will be a text file on the memory card you can open on your computer and change settings that way, so 0 will probably be off 1 will be on ( for menu items with just 2 choices ( on or off )
It will be quite simple and self explanatory, and if not just hit me up at a later date and i will be able to do a video tutorial for you.

To make changes on the LCD in the menu you will have to stop the camera recording, otherwise you cant get into the menus.

OK! parking mode seems to work now it is set to 3 wire. I will also have to change the parking timer to 24 hours as now its default is 5 minutes. I'm hoping I can get atleast 12 hrs of 1fps recording, as I originally bought a dash cam because I was hit in my shady apartment parking lot, and I leave my car there overnight and sometimes over a weekend.

That's great. Be sure to take some pics for us. BTW what was reasoning behind not choosing one of the cig/power outlets and instead going with the ignition to tap?

That's great. Be sure to take some pics for us. BTW what was reasoning behind not choosing one of the cig/power outlets and instead going with the ignition to tap?

No real reason other than someone here saying it was safe to use. I might switch it to seat heaters. I wanted to tap the fuses on the left half of the box because they are closest to the foot panel and I wanted the wires as far from the brake petal as possible. It is also annoying that the fuse cover can't be place back on so hopefully I don't accidentally kick a wire out later on.

No real reason other than someone here saying it was safe to use. I might switch it to seat heaters. I wanted to tap the fuses on the left half of the box because they are closest to the foot panel and I wanted the wires as far from the brake petal as possible. It is also annoying that the fuse cover can't be place back on so hopefully I don't accidentally kick a wire out later on.
Thanks. Yes, I was thinking of drilling out the cover so only the tapped wires are exposed. You can buy groments at Home Depot to insert in the hole. The thick A129 cable is another issue. And the headliner is not soft as on other cars. Seems like its some kind of thin brittle plastic with material on it and the possibilty of cracking it from jamming the rear cam cable in is a worry.

So I tried for an hour to get the rear cable through the grommet but couldn't do it. I barely got it through the metal base of the grommet with a zip tie scratching the cable in the process, but I can't even feed a zip tie through the grommet it's too tight.

The left grommet is the one I tried, its full of wires, you may want to try the right grommet as it only has 1 wire and more space. I'm going to take it to a shop to get it finished since I can't even get the grommets to back into place. It doesn't help that I don't have a garage and its 35 degrees here.

Also, is it possible to get another set of replacement VHB tapes for the front and rear? I managed to mount both of them wrong before wiring them, as I wired them too close to the headliners with not enough room for the actually mini usb connector which are thicker than expected.

Also, is it possible to get another set of replacement VHB tapes for the front and rear? I managed to mount both of them wrong before wiring them, as I wired them too close to the headliners with not enough room for the actually mini usb connector which are thicker than expected.

there's spares in the box already, if you need more at any time get in contact with @Street Guardian USA

Are you referring to the gromments for the rear hatch?

You might be able to use electrician's grease or whatever they call it to slide it through. Other option is to remove the trim. I beleive its held on just by clips.

Last edited:
Are you referring to the gromments for the rear hatch?

You might be able to use electrician's grease or whatever they call it to slide it through. Other option is to remove the trim. I beleive its held on just by clips.

You have to remove the trim anyway to hide the cable, the toguhest part is actually routing the wire through the grommet.

I just paid a stereo installer $80 to do mine. If it wasn't finals week and I had a garage I might have been able to do it myself but it would have taken a couple hours I'd think

Here is a pic of the hardwire. I have the cables zip tied to the existing wires behind the kick panel. The only concern is that the fuse tape wires are directly behind and actually touch the parking brake. I don't use the parking brake but if I did I'd be worried about it possibly knocking out those wires or something.

Attachments

• 20181212_121323.jpg
    20181212_121323.jpg
    483.8 KB · Views: 27
Parking Mode caught an accident not even 5 hours after I install it.

1FPS doesn't really show much, there are like 3 frames where you can actually see the honda hitting the truck. Might switch to 3FPS

Also, surprised at how much traffic goes through this private parking lot, no wonder my car got hit previously, so many cars using it to make u-turns or stop at the nearby gas station probably.

How is the rear positioning? it seems to be focusing on the heat lines too much, thinking of shifting it up so that you can't see any interior. One thing I don't really like is how big the angle adjustments seem. The clicks are pretty big intervals and kind of loose.
Any tips on reducing the glare? Or is it just the position of the glass. The RX350 has a pretty sloped back windshield so I don't know if there is anything that would make it better

Last edited:
cool, yeah i have mine on 5fps for this same thing, fear of missing something.
looks like its mounted a fair way from window??

cool, yeah i have mine on 5fps for this same thing, fear of missing something.
looks like its mounted a fair way from window??
Hmm, its definitely mounted on the window. The shop did have to move it down to accommodate the straight cable, which was larger than I expected, so I wasn't able to get the camera as high up to the headliner trim as possible, but its definitely on the glass...

seems to be focusing on the heat lines too much

No dashcams have a fixed focus, so it is what it is, but can be accidental focused too near or too far from the factory, but i think its just the fact that you see then with your eyes and the brain start to obsess about it.
Maybe keep a eye on it and try to grab a frame from a place where you are parked and we get a better chance to study the focus to things at different distances.

My rear camera are so near to the glass i don't see the heater lines.
img_20180412_191843-jpg.37453

In my car thats so cheap ( relative cuz all cars are expensive in Denmark ) that it don't even have plastic trim on parts of the rear hatch.

In my car thats so cheap ( relative cuz all cars are expensive in Denmark ) that it don't even have plastic trim on parts of the rear hatch.
i was wondering and studying that picture wondering where the plastic was, thought you took i toff.

No there are nothing there, only on the bottom half of the hatch.

Back