ddpai mini3 video quality

daveraux

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Hi, I've got a ddpai mini3 and I'm not sure if the video quality is the right one. From my opinion the image is not clear. Did anyone encountered this problem? What can it be done to be improved?

1, Have you choosed the highest "1440P" in Youtube setting? 2, Have you watched the original 1600P video via computer? 3, Better adjust the lens a little higher as I can see too much reflections from car's dashboard.

The original video that I have is in 1600p, which I did watch, before putting it on youtube, and it looks the same.
From what I see, it is a sharpness problem. There is no setting in the camera to adjust sharpness.

Here is another video where you can see at second 21 the sharpness switch.

Is there a way to return to the previous firmware?

Hello friend, please can I ask which firmware you are using? why do you want to return the previous version? if previous firmware is indeed better, I can of course send the old firmware to you for manually upgrading.

I have the latest firmware v4.2.0.25. When the camera arrived , I first updated it to the latest firmware. I'm curious to see how it behaves with an older firmware.

Also here is another sample video where I can see pixels at the highest resolution. Can you explain to me how is that possible?

Hello friend, I can provide the firmware but believe me, there is no differences in video quality no matter which firmware do you use, furthermore, I suggest always use the latest firmware because new firmware must have solved the bugs from previous version.

In addition, because your concern is about the video quality, sorry that I can't help in this aspect, however, if you have found any specific product bugs, I am more than happy to assist you to solve it, or forward it to DDPai engineer and ask them to provide the new firmware.

Can you at least confirm that on the last video the image quality is very bad and I should not see the pixels? Is this a compression fault, a mmc card error on write? To whom can I write to address this behaviour of the camera?

Hello friend,

1, All video clips played by Youtube is already compressed and accordingly I can't see the original performance of the video, you could upload the original video file to somewhere and then I can download it (my mailbox: fabiohe@163.com) and then play it via local media player;

2, You could contact the seller whom you bought from via your order ID;

3, Or, you could contact DDPai support ( support@ddpai.com ; feedback@ddpai.com );

Hi,

I've sent you an email with the video sample so you can see that quality is the same, bad .
The seller couldn't provide me any answer , so I have the option of returning the camera or to get some compensation.
I've also sent an email to feedback@ddpai.com with the video sample and I'm waiting for a response.

Hello friend,

1, I confirm that I received your original file and I forwarded it to DDPai engineer and furthermore, I already got answer from them.

2, DDPai engineer confirmed the video image is indeed NOT normal, the reason is, "the squared area" is actually mosaic, because mini3's acutance and sharpness is high and accordingly it consumes high code rate, if there are too many details in the environment, for example, too many tree leaves, then it leads to "code rate is not enough".

3, DDPai engineer confirm that they are working on new firmware and expect the new version can be released as sooner as possible.

4, Thanks for your reporting and accordingly the problem can be lucikly solved, accordingly, I am more than happy to offer you special discount if you need to buy new DDPai camera in future (although your current mini3 was not bought from me:)

Hello friend,

1, I confirm that I received your original file and I forwarded it to DDPai engineer and furthermore, I already got answer from them.

2, DDPai engineer confirmed the video image is indeed NOT normal, the reason is, "the squared area" is actually mosaic, because mini3's acutance and sharpness is high and accordingly it consumes high code rate, if there are too many details in the environment, for example, too many tree leaves, then it leads to "code rate is not enough".

3, DDPai engineer confirm that they are working on new firmware and expect the new version can be released as sooner as possible.

4, Thanks for your reporting and accordingly the problem can be lucikly solved, accordingly, I am more than happy to offer you special discount if you need to buy new DDPai camera in future (although your current mini3 was not bought from me:)

I have 2 DDpai Mini 3's and I exhibit that pixelation/distortion when there are lots of trees and details, it is very annoying and the footage becomes useless. I am really doubting my purchase . I hope the engineers are really working on this as the camera has the hardware to do better! When its clear and no trees and etc the footage is very good, so please fix it asap.

Thank you

I have 2 DDpai Mini 3's and I exhibit that pixelation/distortion when there are lots of trees and details, it is very annoying and the footage becomes useless. I am really doubting my purchase . I hope the engineers are really working on this as the camera has the hardware to do better! When its clear and no trees and etc the footage is very good, so please fix it asap.

Thank you
1, DDPai engineer will fix it as soon as possible, your patience waiting will be appreciated.
2, Thanks daveraux again for his reporting.

Have a good weekend!! Merry X-mas!!! Happy New Year of 2019!!!!!

I have a ddpai mini3 and just became aware of this issue. Please keep us updated in this thread as to when a new firmware is released that rectifies the quality problems.

Yes, I will definitely update when new firmware available.

I also received today a reply from Ddpai:
Hello friend,
Sorry about the inconvenience caused to you.
We have feedback this issue to our R & D team, The reason why the video is not clear is that the driving environment is very complicated and there are many tree around the car, the sunlight reflect on the camera lens.
It's not a hardware issue and we will improve it by next firmware version.
Please wait for more days, because we need time to test it.
You understanding will be highly appreciated.
Best regards
Shirly
DDPAI Customer Service Team

any updates on the new firmware release?

Back