BlackVue DR550GW-2CH focusing issue?

Will1688

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,

This is my first post, and i've tried searching for this issue specifically with this model with no results. My DR550 seems to have trouble refocusing and will stay unfocused for some reason. I have the latest english firmware from the blackvue site (1.021E). Here's some video and pictures to compare a before the problem and after the problem.

The first video looks okay, I am aware of the pixelation problem on these units.
The second video, if you notice, starts to drop in FPS for a moment right before I get out of the parking structure and then goes back to smooth movement, then the quality degrades and blurs like anything a little further away is out of focus. (Look at the streetlights and trees from afar)

Here is a picture of a before in my driveway.
ZADuOad.jpg

Here is a picture of my driveway after my short drive. As you can see it's much more blurry.
Tbmxqry.jpg

I haven't isolated the problem yet, and im hoping this can be fixed with a firmware update. I have a sandisk ultra class 10 mSD card so that shouldn't be a problem. I'm going to drive without the rear camera unplugged in to see if that affects anything. Any input on what could be the problem would be greatly appreciated.

Same here after updating ro 1021e.
Think i'm going to revert to 1019e if this is possible.

Turn down your volume.
I was driving with a open window...

I think this was a problem before i updated as well. This is frustrating because you can't see anything lol

I think this was a problem before i updated as well. This is frustrating because you can't see anything lol

Could be indeed.
I just noticed it after updating.
Sample footage before and after updating has clearly a large difference in image quality.
Don't like it and I have been successful in reverting back in firmware.
I'm gonna contact my reseller to sent it back.

I'm also trying to contact my reseller on ebay to see if there's anything we can do about exchanging.. Does anyone know how the camera works? Does this seem like a software issue or a hardware issue? I don't really see the camera trying to refocus anything only the lighting.

Back