A119S - bad video quality

Ratlik

Reaction score
Country
Czech Republic
Hi all,

I am the owner of viofo A119S for 2 years and lately I have been watching out of focus day by day, as you can see in the video. At night it is a disaster. I want to take a new 2 channel camera and I have decided for Viofo A129, but after accidentally watching my videos I would like to leave the Viofo brand. I recommend watching the video, setting the camera in the video description.

Currently I decide to pay extra and buy DOD RC500S, but it's quite expensive, so I don't know.

Thanks for the valuable advices.

Last edited:
Before changing the camera brand try an original FW and see how it works.
For my camera 2.1 give the best image quality.

I had original fw - 2.6.1 and video quality was the same. That's why I uploaded 6Vk software.

Try factory reset after fw upgrade, maybe will fix the issue.

OK, I'll try it tomorrow. But I'm afraid it won't help. The camera seems to have lost sharpness. What value of sharpness do you have set? Fine sharpness, Normal or Strong?

I am the owner of viofo A119S for 2 years and lately I have been watching out of focus day by day, as you can see in the video.
The above-mentioned camera is more than two years old, while plastic holders were installed on them, with the arrival of summer this problem will be expressed more, the problem cannot be solved by any firmware, only replacing the plastic holder with a metal one or replacing the lens + holder of the entire assembly.
1. It is necessary to check the holder, metal or plastic.
2. If plastic, contact an office representative to solve the problem.
Do not rush to change your registrar, all problems are solved.

P.S. Video is better to put on the file sharing, because Youtube spoils it.

Today I loaded new version SW and I did set sharpness on strong. Results of video are better then first video. Tomorrow I will upload new video.

I've had mine for 1.5 years. It's gotten progressively worse. Here is a 30 second compilation showing how bad it has gotten.

Yeah Ike, look like your focus have shifted a little towards near focus, you can fix this by redoing the focus of the lens, worth a try before you go spend money on a new camera.

Oh really? Is that fairly simple? I was going to see if my credit card company will warranty it. Also the GPS mount power does not power on the camera anymore. I think due to the plastic warping from heat cycles.

Back