Card reader tells me no files to import to my iPad

Sdeel7491

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Viofo A139 2ch
Hi just getting going with all this tech so be patient with me I'm old !

Showing files on playback on my Viofo A129 but when I put the card in the reader it tells me no files to import!

Any suggestions and advice would be appreciated

Cheers

You need a different card reader, the genuine Apple card reader (and quite a few of the generic ones) are limited in what files they can view

You need a different card reader, the genuine Apple card reader (and quite a few of the generic ones) are limited in what files they can view
Do you have any specific suggestions? My friend has a Delkin USB-C reader and I have a very generic (the Amazon listing no longer exists) Lightning-to-SD reader. Neither of them will let us import video files from a Viofo dash cam into Photos on our respective iOS devices.

Do you have any specific suggestions? My friend has a Delkin USB-C reader and I have a very generic (the Amazon listing no longer exists) Lightning-to-SD reader. Neither of them will let us import video files from a Viofo dash cam into Photos on our respective iOS devices.
your generic card reader might be fine in a few weeks once iOS 13 is released, they are removing a lot of the restrictions about what files and folders you can access

Has anyone got a good solution to this as I also have this problem, I can download to my computer but I don’t want to carry it around when the I-pad is so convenient. I used to have a read/writer with a lightening plug on one end but it packed up so I really need good proven suggestions for a replacement.

Has anyone got a good solution to this as I also have this problem, I can download to my computer but I don’t want to carry it around when the I-pad is so convenient. I used to have a read/writer with a lightening plug on one end but it packed up so I really need good proven suggestions for a replacement.
I can confirm that as of iOS 13, I can read the video files using my generic Lightning-to-SD reader on my iPhone and my friend has been able to read them in his iPad. Use the Files app to browse for, and play, video files. I still don’t see the option to import them into Photos, but you could save them to your iCloud Drive from Files.app

Back