Runaway shopping trolleys

you'll have to say where that is, I wouldn't want to leave my car there

On the right there seem to be a woolworths store, and searching google maps for those in Australia they only seem to be present in Brisbane, but which one ?

Yeah i don't know why i cant get others to pop up, only Brisbane sound too strange to be true.

None of my advanced search syntax's seem to work, guess in too old for that poop
Anyway where i am going in AU there are no woolworths.
I heard someone got off bad braking down, and braking the #1 rule of staying with the vehicle.

Last edited:
almost 1000 Woolworths stores here, they're everywhere
I thought they had died, but it seems the Australian ones were just a copy, and had no connection with the original:

"The similarly named Woolworths supermarkets in Australia and New Zealand are operated by Australia's largest retail company, Woolworths Limited, a separate company with no historical links to the F. W. Woolworth Company or Foot Locker, Inc. However, Woolworths Limited did take their name from the original company, as it had not been registered or trademarked in Australia at the time "

Well brand name thing :)
I read the fruit company soon release a XDR monitor,,,,,, that's not really XDR, so they start off with a blatant lie, and the damn thing will probably sell just fine.

I was browsing the blackvue site and saw it there. A user submitted it, I tried googling the username but didn't get any results.
Apparently supermarket carparks are the top place for car parking dings (according to a survey I saw the other day)

The poor handling is quite chaotic, reminded me of a "Chuckle brothers" sketch! :ROFLMAO:

There's a supermarket I often frequent where runaway shopping carts like in the above video are part of the daily experience. It's in a large shopping center that was once beautiful farmland of meadows and tilled fields just outside of town that I remember from when I was a kid. Apparently, when they built the place they decided to intentionally grade the huge parking lot for drainage, except that they overdid it. Some incompetent planner didn't stop to think that people were going to be wheeling shopping carts back and forth to their vehicles.

So every time anyone comes back to their car with a cart full of groceries the challenge is to get your car door or hatch opened up and then begin loading your bags without the cart suddenly rolling away from you. This usually involves trying to find an angle where the cart won't start rolling or using your foot to block one of the wheels. The thing is that the slope of the parking lot is subtle enough that it's not always immediately noticeable and even veterans of this parking lot from hell like me sometimes forget and so in the process of loading your vehicle you can turn around just in time to see your cart rolling away at an increasingly high rate of speed. I've chased after a cart more times than I'd like to admit. It's crazy! You should see this place on a windy day! It's pretty funny to watch actually, at least if your vehicle isn't in harm's way. It's especially entertaining to watch people who are not familiar with this place chasing after their carts as fast as they can run.

Last edited:
Back