B1W taken apart with pictures

is this the older model as thought the newer one had an internal battery cell for remembering the date and time?

You mean now this camera comes with a battery instead of capacitors?

OTymAQe.jpg

Here!

Ahhhh.. thank you for explanation!
Although my cameras hold time pretty good. Sometimes I don't drive for 3 days - no time issue

no, it still has capacitors to save the file, has an RTC battery to keep time
Do you know since when B1W has RTC battery? Can we know reading the S/N on the camera?
Thanks!

Is there a DIY option to solder this battery to the board on earlier versions of B1W?
Maybe you can offer a little more detailed diagram?
Thanks

Funny enough, I had my car sitting for nearly a month when I was on vacation. Came back and the time was still okay. I have an older version purchased in 2018 too.

Cannot solder to the old PCB due to different layout!
But, different layout should be no big problem. May be you can check anyway with factory option to add battery to old layout board?
And just show on pic point for connection and battery type ?

But, different layout should be no big problem. May be you can check anyway with factory option to add battery to old layout board?
And just show on pic point for connection and battery type ?
I do not think so! And it is more practical for the user to send older items back for a replacement camera if within the warranty!

I do not think so! And it is more practical for the user to send older items back for a replacement camera if within the warranty!
Sorry. I posted in other thread.
I purchased the first camera via e-bay at Apr 10, 2019 . It is very difficult (almost impossible) to clam on e-bay about some warranty issue after 10 months. I'm sure that seller will reject or ignore.
Plus shipping time to China and back could take 2-3 months.
So, I see too option : modify my 10 months old camera by adding myself battery or simply throw away the camera and purchase from other brand.

You can PM me your order number and I will ask the seller agent to help you out!

Back