Hardwired B1W turns off and on multiple times during drive

veenugget

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Background
I've hardwired the B1W into the fusebox of my car (red to fuse, black to ground, yellow not connected) and for the first couple days it's been working with no problems. The only thing I have changed recently is the firmware - updated to Parking Mode firmware found here - 20180614s. The SD card I am using is the SanDisk Ultra A1 64gb. I'm pretty sure this is the newer SanDisk microSD card without the faults.

The problem
Recently the B1W would, during a drive, enter into what I believe to be Parking mode (because the green LED light is solid and does not flash) for a while and then turns off. After a while later, the B1W would turn back on with voice prompts (SD card detected, Recording Start etc). A couple minutes later it'll go back into Parking mode and repeat. It's not continuous. Sometimes it will happen multiple times, sometimes it won't happen at all. I don't know how to reproduce the symptoms.

Has this happened to anyone before and does anyone know a fix?

My immediate thoughts were:
  • Fusebox
  • Voltage protector set on too high (but this shouldn't happen during a drive right?)
  • Firmware
I haven't had an opportunity to test anything out and thought I should see if anyone has had this problem before I start troubleshooting.

Very weird. I haven't had that problem. Could be worth checking your ground connection maybe?

Which hardwire install kit are you using? Some are pretty buggy.

Red wire to 12v always-on socket, black wire to GND, yellow wire unconnected;
The cut-off value on the hardwire kit to be 11.8v

Double check the power adapter connector, to see if it is loosen.

Sorry for the delayed reply. I have checked the connections and they are all secure. Could this be a firmware problem? It would turn off and on by itself when I am sitting at the red lights too!

Could this be a firmware problem?
Load the standard 20180518s firmware and use the supplied USB car charger to test it. If it works, it should be a faulty hardwire kit!

Load the standard 20180518s firmware and use the supplied USB car charger to test it. If it works, it should be a faulty hardwire kit!

So that means I won't be able to use Parking Mode?

But will try when I get home to see if it helps.

Back