Now Testing Samsung EVO 512GB Cards on Street Guardian products (First up, SG9663DC PRO)

1TB

They are ready!

If you fill up a 1TB memory card and then go to download it to your computer you'll need a pretty big hard drive with lots of spare capacity. How long does it take to download 1TB from a card reader anyway?

Also, I've had the misfortune of losing a couple microSD cards over the years. The biggest one was only 64GB Samsung EVO and while I was bummed about that one at the time it was really not all that big a deal. I'd sure hate to lose a 1TB card though or even a 512GB.

Yeah i feel 256 GB are more than enough, at least with current cameras.
But a 4K camera spitting out 100 mbit H.264 footage, or 60 mbit or so H.265, and suddenly 256GB are not that much.
TBH i am hoping for H.265 or similar as my computer will handle that just fine, and if the cops got a problem with that,,,,, well then its their problem.

Yeah i feel 256 GB are more than enough, at least with current cameras.
But a 4K camera spitting out 100 mbit H.264 footage, or 60 mbit or so H.265, and suddenly 256GB are not that much.
TBH i am hoping for H.265 or similar as my computer will handle that just fine, and if the cops got a problem with that,,,,, well then its their problem.
Yes, for a proper 4K camera that has 4x the bitrate of a 1080 camera, as it should, a 256GB card is only the equivalent of a 64GB for that 1080 camera, and if you have a dual camera then you really want a 512GB card. We will have to wait another year for 2TB cards to be released and the 1TB cards to drop to a sensible price before the 1TB cards and 8K 360 degree cameras become sensible.

We are now testing Samsung EVO 512GB Cards on a Street Guardian products. So far so good on the SG9663DCPRO. SGGCX2PRO should also work too. We'll let this run a few weeks.
hows this 512gb card going?? im thinking of getting one since my 400gb card is now stuffed.

hows this 512gb card going?? im thinking of getting one since my 400gb card is now stuffed.
they've been selling the cameras with 512GB cards for over half a year already, we don't do them in Australia as the prices aren't workable here

hmmm, comparing prices just now might get another 400gb card.

will think about it.

About to place an order for sg9663dc with an external rear cam. How much continuous time can I get on highest quality setting on 256/400/512Gb cards?

Jokiin, if that doesn't violate the rules of this forum, I would like I ask you two more questions not related to memory in this thread.
1) Is the external rear camera just as good as the internal rear?
2) I am not planning to use the parking mode, since I park my car in a garage and mostly drive it on weekends and worry about parking mode affect on the car battery. I am aware of the current limiter built into the hardwire kit, but still not sure if having the whole setup turned on for 5 days every week while the car sits still wouldn't affect the car battery negatively in the long run. So I was thinking of buying one of those wire kits which can take the power of the plug on the rear view mirror, which would work only when the power is on. Is there anything about this model which would make this a bad idea?

Thanks. That should be 14.2 hours on 256Gb. Plenty.
256GB is a better choice anyway as you can get those in High Endurance

1) Is the external rear camera just as good as the internal rear?
the internal camera is IMX291 same as the front camera, the external is IMX323, not quite as good in low light situations
2) I am not planning to use the parking mode, since I park my car in a garage and mostly drive it on weekends and worry about parking mode affect on the car battery. I am aware of the current limiter built into the hardwire kit, but still not sure if having the whole setup turned on for 5 days every week while the car sits still wouldn't affect the car battery negatively in the long run. So I was thinking of buying one of those wire kits which can take the power of the plug on the rear view mirror, which would work only when the power is on. Is there anything about this model which would make this a bad idea?
if you don't want parking mode you can hardwire using the included power lead, I wouldn't use a different power supply, the type that plug into the rearview mirror are not suitable

256GB is a better choice anyway as you can get those in High Endurance

the internal camera is IMX291 same as the front camera, the external is IMX323, not quite as good in low light situations

if you don't want parking mode you can hardwire using the included power lead, I wouldn't use a different power supply, the type that plug into the rearview mirror are not suitable

Thanks. Does the external rear waterproof camera use the same sensor as the internal rear camera? I was going to order from https://streetguardian.cam/product/sg9663dc-micro-sd-waterproof . There is only one choice of 256GB card. Is it high endurance? Or do I need to place a custom order to get the high endurance card?

Thanks. Does the external rear waterproof camera use the same sensor as the internal rear camera? I was going to order from https://streetguardian.cam/product/sg9663dc-micro-sd-waterproof . There is only one choice of 256GB card. Is it high endurance? Or do I need to place a custom order to get the high endurance card?
no, internal rear camera uses IMX291 (same as what is in the front), the external rear uses IMX323

@Street Guardian USA can confirm which card is used in the 256GB set, I think it's the High Endurance but they will confirm for sure

For the rear IMX 323 IMO are a just fine camera, the performance difference between it and the IMX 291 you pretty much mainly see at night.
And at night if you drive away from ambient light all you see behind you are 2 glowing orbs if there is a car back there, with ambient light in a town you will see a bit more with the IMX 291, but that bit more you will see are probably all under the influence of motion blur anyway, but viewing that live the human eye will tell your brain " OMG i see so much more" but pausing the footage and going frame by frame you will see that the more you see will be hard to use for anything with little details in it, i will even venture and say medium details in it.

Back