Besides Amazon where are you buying dash cams?

Whotony

Reaction score
Country
United States
I’m looking at the VIOFO A129 Pro Duo or the DH version.

Best Buy doesn’t seem to carry and I’m leery of web stores that I’ve never heard of.

So, where are you buying your dash cams?

My first proper 1080 camera i got thru Amazon, but then on the way here Amazon turned around saying such things was illegal to import to Denmark.
So i contacted amazon and told them that true Denmark are a screwball little country, but we are not North Korea screwball and cameras such as dash are totally legal to import to Denmark.
And then i contacted the seller spytec ( i think they was called ) in NYC via their own page and got my camera that way.

In general i recommend people to shop local, you will not get much service from some basement seller in China, also local might mean better warranty
On electronics sold in Denmark i think you as a seller have to give 2 years of warranty, so that's better than the standard 1 year in many places.

for viofo i think there are a few certified sellers in the US. one of which are OCD tronic https://ocdtronic.com/

Viofo.com LINK Buying direct from the manufacturer is never a bad idea!

In past times I've purchased cams through Banggood and I've bought items through Gearbest and AliExpress too. Sometimes shipping is slowish and as long as you don;'t have problems the saved money is nice. If you do have problems it will probably be equal to having a healthy tooth pulled without painkillers. I do not recommend this unless you're willing to risk a full loss, as that sometimes happens :(

Now having said that, I do believe Viofo has an AE store and he may have that or an authorized seller on BG and GB. I wouldn't worry so much using those. The safest bet is always to use a local authorized seller- Viofo has a store on Amazon and might do Ebay as well. Prices will be higher but you get better protection if you have problems. You can probably do a web-buy at many of the big sellers like BestBuy, Walmart, etc if they've got the cam listed but don't normally stock it :)

I like local shopping from brick-and-mortar stores but today there's not a lot of good options for that and the product lines very limited if they have anything at all. I shop online with a pre-paid debit card or pre-paid gift card; not cheap but totally disconnected from me and my financial world so very safe to do.

Phil

We are always happy to help. Message, email, call, or text with any questions any time.

@OCD Tronic and @CaptureYourAction are both authorised resellers based in the USA, both active members here also

+1 for @CaptureYourAction. I've purchased 5x Viofo A129 Duo cameras from him this year for me, my wife, my dad, and two friend's cars. Great customer service and an authorized reseller! I do plan on buying another dash cam from him once my parents get their second car.

Service and CC beat any sensible amount of money spent on google commercials, or like factory service.

We are back to where mom and pop store service and customer care are a big win, and for many people that is unusual or maybe even unheard off as is have more or less been a uncommon thing for so long now.
I am old school so i like stuff like that.

Back