File format/management from Micro SD

bronze84

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Thinkware F750, K1S, Marcus3, Mobius, Xiaomi Yi, Sony AS100v
Hi everyone.

I’m having a problem which could be one of several things but I’m narrowing it down one by one.

I have a DC set up and I’m using a Samsung Evo Plus U3 128gb micro sd.

I almost exclusively use my iPad Pro with a USB-C > SD adapter to view/transfer video from all my devices including camera, camcorder, action cam, dashcam etc.

However I’m having an issue which only occurs with the dashcam micro sd. When I connect to my iPad, it shows in the files app and I can scroll the video but only for about 10 seconds before it randomly disconnects.

I’ve eliminated the sd reader as the issue because all my other memory cards work flawlessly with it. The dashcam sd works fine when transferring with the same adapter to my MacBook.

So my the only thing left that I can think of is that my iPad either can’t read the sd card correctly due to the way the dashcam writes directories to the card, or there’s a problem with the card itself, although as mentioned the card works fine on my MacBook.

I’m absolutely baffled?

I’ve successfully read cards from all Street Guardian products and various cards via USB-C and lightening readers and iPhone / iPad (files app). Can you try a different iPhone or iPad and different usb-c reader perhaps for troubleshooting? Try it on a friend or family members i device. I don’t see how it could be DashCam related hmmm.

I’ve successfully read cards from all Street Guardian products and various cards via USB-C and lightening readers and iPhone / iPad (files app). Can you try a different iPhone or iPad and different usb-c reader perhaps for troubleshooting? Try it on a friend or family members i device. I don’t see how it could be DashCam related hmmm.

I’m don’t think it’s related to the dashcam, but I know a lot of people on these forums are more knowledgeable about file formats etc than myself. Maybe it’s the card giving up the ghost, although it would be my first Samsung card to ever do that

They do die at some time, i had 2 die so fast you could barely argue they ever worked.
But in general i get a satisfactory amount of service out of a memory card.

Run Disk Utility (or equivalent) and see if the filesystem is messed up? Or completely reformat it in the camera if the recordings are not important.

Back