COVID-19 Coronavirus Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Gabs" split again ? Danm.

You are correct, the deaths from the new spikes have started to arrive, yesterday:

Today:
USA: New cases 55,442, New Deaths 993 , 993/55,442*100= 1.79% fatality rate.

Summary from Trump: :rolleyes:
That must be new math. Total cases divided by deaths equals the death rate. New cases to new deaths is using an incorrect data set.

That must be new math. Total cases divided by deaths equals the death rate. New cases to new deaths is using an incorrect data set.
Your calculation gives past death rate, Trump's calculation would sort of give the current, although with the huge current spikes it is highly inaccurate, which may be why he has now deleted his tweet :LOL:

The good news for USA is that most states have now reached sufficient herd immunity that new infections will steadily drop from now on, including SC. Only Texas has some way to go, and that is going to get nasty very soon... Doesn't look like Fauci's 100,000 new cases per day will ever be achieved... because of insufficient testing capability! Now heading for 300,000 deaths total.

A new Spanish study say that herd immunity, well if you put your eggs in that basket alone, you will pay.
Seem like only people that have almost died from the stuff and been out long have a sufficient level of antibodies.

A new Spanish study say that herd immunity, well if you put your eggs in that basket alone, you will pay.
Seem like only people that have almost died from the stuff and been out long have a sufficient level of antibodies.
Maybe they trust their tests and knowledge too much! Better to look at how the death rate has been dropping around the world, if people hadn't become immune then people would still be dying in places like Sweden where there is little in the way of lockdown, Sweden had just 1 death today.

Of course looking at other countries can be dangerous too, Trump has been looking at Denmark, seen that you have successfully opened your schools, so now he is ordering USA schools to open, before USA has reached the peak of its infections and while some hospitals are at zero ICU beds and ordering doctors to reuse their disposable masks because Trump said the virus was going to disappear in April, so they didn't bother making new masks for now!

Trump said:
In Germany, Denmark, Norway, Sweden and many other countries, SCHOOLS ARE OPEN WITH NO PROBLEMS. The Dems think it would be bad for them politically if U.S. schools open before the November Election, but is important for the children & families. May cut off funding if not open!

Leader of fake church peddling bleach as covid-19 cure sought Trump’s support. Instead he got federal charges.

In April, when President Trump mused whether injecting patients with disinfectant could kill the coronavirus, perhaps no one was more thrilled about the suggestion than Mark Grenon. Grenon runs a fake church with his sons in Florida that sells people a life-threatening toxic bleach product he calls the Miracle Mineral Solution, federal officials say, which he fraudulently claims cures everything from covid-19 to cancer.

“Trump has got the MMS and all the info!!! Things are happening folks!” Grenon, 62, wrote on Facebook on April 24, linking to Trump’s comments. “Lord help others to see the Truth!”

The U.S. attorney’s office for the Southern District of Florida didn’t offer details about the reported deaths linked to the products, saying the FDA has “received reports of people requiring hospitalizations, developing life-threatening conditions, and dying after drinking MMS.”

Trump ignore that schools dident just open, classes was cut down to half size to maintain distance among pupils ASO
And they also dident just open for all class grades in one go.

i do like K.I.S.S but as a president you cant just throw things like that around, there should be nothing simple in being the president, it should be a tough job only tough people apply for.

Trump ignore that schools dident just open, classes was cut down to half size to maintain distance among pupils ASO
And they also dident just open for all class grades in one go.

i do like K.I.S.S but as a president you cant just throw things like that around, there should be nothing simple in being the president, it should be a tough job only tough people apply for.
Agreed, and I would expect the USA parents to agree, not sure why the USA keeps him in power with ideas like this, especially with Facui now banned from coronavirus task force meetings where the press might ask him questions!

Without enough immunity, schools can be a problem:

Last edited:
Agreed, and I would expect the USA parents to agree, not sure why the USA keeps him in power with ideas like this,
The USA has presidential elections every 4 years. Thia fall either Trump will be re-elected or a democrat (Probably Joe Biden) will take the presidency.

So the USA with 4% of the world's population managed 30% of the world's new cases yesterday with 71,787.

"Over 40 Florida hospitals max out ICU capacity as Covid-19 cases surge across US"

The Florida doctors are accusing people of promoting the disease!

“We’re putting ourselves at risk and other people aren’t willing to do anything and in fact go the other way and be aggressive to promote the disease,” Dr Andrew Pastewski, intensive care unit medical director at Jackson South medical center in Miami, told Reuters. Pastewski himself was diagnosed with Covid-19. “It’s just disheartening,” he said.

Any actions taken now to reduce infections will only start to help the hospitals in two weeks time, the hospitals are already full, but they are certain to have twice the incoming patients in 2 weeks time.

So what are the governors doing about it?

Well, for a start Disney World Florida has reopened today, that is going to help! :rolleyes:

The message has gone out: "If we all wear masks, it will go away.", but clearly masks alone are not going to work, the recent rapid increase in cases has matched the rapid increase in press coverage of masks, maybe masks are causing the current rise in cases! :cool: (where is our mask emoticon?)

"In South Carolina, where COVID-19 is surging, Gov. Henry McMaster said he is issuing an executive order prohibiting the sale of alcohol at bars and restaurants after 11 p.m. each night." - Does the virus only come out after 11PM? :unsure:

While people are struggling to get a test, the vets are busy testing pet dogs!

And Trump, who last had a virus update from Fauci over 2 months ago, has been busy visiting Florida for an election campaign fundraising event, ignoring the mask rules:
30637248-8512205-Several_supporters_of_Democratic_candidate_Joe_Biden_are_seen_ab-a-143_1594443648864.jpg

I'll have to update my estimated USA final death toll to a half million, the 300,000 estimate was based on them actually locking down when the hospitals started overflowing, and on an exponential increase, you don't have to go long for the big numbers to become enormous! o_O

Meanwhile, in Europe, the excess deaths figure for week 27 was minus 7,035 - that is 7,035 lives saved in 1 week, not lives lost, largely from having wiped out the flu, but also because some of the people who would have died now actually died a few months ago when covid-19 was peaking.

And as masks neither work or are needed, Donald Trump wore one in public while visiting the Walter Reed Veteran's hospital. I wonder what he was worried about- perhaps catching a case of common sense, honor, and loyalty from our military heroes? :cautious:

Phil

See Phil just touched of one of the things i will have to ask my American internet friends about if i met one.

The seemingly insatiable urge to call all servicemen Heroes, i mean isent the US army / whatever just a job, and the wars you have been engaged into lately only marginal a threat to the country.

Here in Denmark we are heading in the same direction, even getting a memorial for people killed in the wars we have participated in, but the Hero thing are still small here, but as we adopt just about anything American it will probably be normal here too.
And dont get me wrong i have the utmost respect for the people that get killed or chance getting killed for their country / fellow man, even if i also often have to ask myself why ! they put them self in that place in the first place.
Okay in both countries the military are a place for advancement, and in the US also for a higher education as the military then pay for that, the letter of course not something we Danes have as educations are more or less free over here.

No insult, but personally i think the frequent use of hero are diminishing for the HEROES

I do not call firefighters and paramedics ASO for heroes, but i do owe them my respect and they have probably also done things above and beyond what is expected of them, and for that they should of course have respect and gratitude / appreciation.

/me have a plethora of questions for just about any man in the world.

I do understand your viewpoint @kamkar1 and to a degree I must agree. But I don't think it much degrades the "real" heroes at least here in the US where people do understand the duality of meaning the word has in common usage. And that Veteran's hospital likely has as many or more patients whose malady wasn't caused by a directly combat-inflicted injury than otherwise.

It has long been a political tradition to be seen at Walter Reed as a way to supposedly show care and appreciation for Veterans, and IMHO that is more demeaning than any possible misuse of the word "hero". Politics should play no part of war or military, yet as Carl Von Clausewitz noted centuries ago war is just an extension of politics used when words are not achieving the desired results so I guess the two are inseparable.

We would see an end to wars and armed conflicts if we could force politicians and their adult children to be in the front lines of the first wave of attack in the wars they desire to be fought. It's easier to send people you do not know to their death than it is to send those you love similarly- that single difference causes a vast change of outlook as it should, and it is needed because even the people you do not know are loved by somebody like you do your own, and their value is as equal to them as yours are to you.

Phil

In any war you fight for your country in 15 minutes, after that you fight for your comrades in the squad.
It have probably been that way all the time.

I think the generals told him,,,, listen Sir, if we all wear these black masks we look like a bad ass gang, and voters like bad ass.

See Phil just touched of one of the things i will have to ask my American internet friends about if i met one.
The thing that puzzles me is, why has Dr Fauci, who is now being attacked and discredited by Trump, been replaced as government health spokesman, by an admiral in full navy uniform with lots of medals who talks as though he knows something about health, and doesn't appear to know anything about fighting naval battles? Is he actually part of the Navy? How did he get the medals if not? Is he a hero?

I know that Trump is claiming that he is a "War time president", fighting the battle against covid-19, but I can't see the public trusting their health to an admiral wearing navy uniform when they used to have a doctor, often seen wearing a white coat, and who has vastly higher popularity ratings than Trump - yes, that is why Trump wants Fauci gone.

5ea449c038bf237775304513

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back