Pre buying Pittasoft blackvue DR550GW advice plz

On the BV, there are five quality settings: Lowest, Low, Normal, High, Highest.

I have mine set to High. I don't really notice any pixelation (of course, I haven't been pixel peeping either). I am using a 32 gig class 10 card and the latest BV firmware on the DR500GW.

I don't think the memory card will make a difference re: pixelation. I don't know what the effects of using a card that is too slow would have. I think pixelation is caused by the amount of compression and/or the compression algorithm used to compress the video, so choosing a higher quality may solve any pixelation issues.

I have not tested this ... it is mostly an assumption ... but I would think a higher setting on the quality would influence the visual quality of the recorded video.

A Power magic is best because it puts it into parking mode which records differently to normal recording which is what will happen if you leave it powered on.

This isn't quite true.. the power magic doesnt put the camera into parking mode.. the camera automatically goes into parking mode after 5 minutes of not detecting any movement , nothing to do with the power magic.. it will do this with anything that maintains power to the camera after the ignition is switched off.

The advantage of the power magic pro is that it has a low voltage cutoff and a timer to cut power to the camera if your car batteries voltage gets too low (so you can still start the car)

A Power magic is best because it puts it into parking mode which records differently to normal recording which is what will happen if you leave it powered on.

This isn't quite true.. the power magic doesnt put the camera into parking mode.. the camera automatically goes into parking mode after 5 minutes of not detecting any movement , nothing to do with the power magic.. it will do this with anything that maintains power to the camera after the ignition is switched off.

The advantage of the power magic pro is that it has a low voltage cutoff and a timer to cut power to the camera if your car batteries voltage gets too low (so you can still start the car)

Think its 10 mins, or at least mine takes that long when I sit in the car and wait for it to change modes.

You don't need a PM PRO the standard one is adequate The only difference is the pro has a switch to turn parking mode off. Some also have two ciggy socket outlets on them.

I use the standard one and wired a $1 switch in the power line to the rear camera. Saved $20 and as my PM is hidden in the dash I put the switch in drivers side glovebox where I can reach it.

The timer works first and the voltage cutoff overrides it before the time is up if voltage drops to a preset level usually 11.8 or 12v

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
USDashCamera DR550GW-2CH 1
Back