Night, Mobius-B lens v0.59 vs Panorama II v1.08.05 vs v1.11.09 ( Beta )

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
My test of Mobius B-lens v0.59 FW ( 1080p-L, WDR On, 18Mbps, other are Dafault settings )
vs Panorama II long time official FW v1.08.05 and Beta FW v1.11.09

NB! Both developers have now much newer firmwares and both constantly releasing new firmwares, so bare this in mind making your conclusion when comparing my side by side videos posted in this thread.
Also bare in mind that Panorama II records at 12Mbps and Mobius 18Mbps bit-rate.

Overall I still think Mobius v0.59 firmware default settings has been tuned up to the maximum best night sensitivity performance I have seen ( even compare with newer firmwares ). But it doesn't mean that you can not tune up to the same good night vision recording with newer firmwares, - yes you might can. Mobius new firmwares has much more Advanced video recording settings options to play with than Panorama II, or any other dashcam I had tested in the past. However to be honest, it will be too hard to find that individual perfect / correct image adjustment, because to do so, you need to spend hours and hours ( days / weeks ? ) of driving, then stopping, adjusting settings, then checking footage, then again adjusting, then again driving, comparing ,etc. This is total nightmare unless you have 10 Mobius in hand, set image settings on each one to 1 step up / or down, put them all together in car for side by side test in one go, drive, then come back home and see which adjustment worked best for you in particular day or night scenario. Of course for true enthusiast who has time for those tune-ups, - Mobius gives more options to play with settings, so here credit must be given to Mobius. As from "average Joe" perspectives, then "we / they" all like to get product which will be set to use "out-of-box", so here we can relay on default settings of v0.59. However v.059 has it's own drawback at night as well ( horizontal lines / stripes ), which I try to show it my other tests in some stage, or some of you ( Mobius owners ) already saw those drabacks.

First video below is vs official Panorama II FW v1.08.05

Below video is vs Panorama ( non-officail ) FW v1.11.09 ( Beta ) I was testing at that time, it had less noise and violet background was removed, however due to that it had less night vision sensitivity performance that v1.08.05, so that FW was only for enthusiastic test purpose.

For those who havn't seen some other side by side tests Mobius ( v1.13 ) vs Panorama II v1.08.05, you may check other post: HERE

This side by side test shows that within City street lights Mobius B-lens ( 1080p-L ) 18Mbps performed as good as Panorama II ( v1.08.05 ), in some places even better, producing slightly sharper images due to 18Mbps vs 12Mbps bit-rate. Of course in pitch-dark or in areas with very little light Panorama II having Sony Exmor CMOS would perform better.

There are many pros / cons if talking about vs comparison of both dashcams other options ( in some cases Panorama II is better, on others Mobius is better depending on what end buyer sees as a priority ), but it would be unfair to judge them too harsh, because they are from different classes, different price ranges.
Overall Mobius is worth more that in cost, as well as Panorama II also deserves its price being reliable dash cam in it's own category. I am personally happy with the both ones.

Back