DDPai Mola N3

It's okay, it still delivers a lot of value for $55.

It's okay, it still delivers a lot of value for $55.
This is a budget-friendly cam, so one cannot expect everything with it. If it records reliably with decent or better quality then you're getting your money's worth :cool:

If you want more then you'll have to spend more to get it.

Phil

What version of RV is that to work with Mola N3?
Any download link?

What version of RV is that to work with Mola N3?
Any download link?
Version 6.0.0.22 - Downloaded it from one of the threads here in this forum:

For the GPS function to work properly, you'll have to perform a few steps:

1. RV has to think that it is reading off the camera directly with the folder "DCIM" at root level.
- You can either use an external card reader to mount the SD card as an external drive​
- Or if you are copying files onto your hard drive (I do), ensure that they you maintain the same folder structure as on the card​
1611029960914.png

- And use the subst command or software like Visual Subst to mount this folder as a virtual drive:​

1611030105954.png

2. Since the cam archives gps tracks periodically, we'll have to unarchive them into the gps folder for RV to get the co-ordinates for all clips. I use a simple batch file to do this (attached as extract-gps.txt - change extension to .bat and also ensure that you have 7zip installed and included in PATH environment variable) and run it from the tar folder:

1611030454482.png

3. After unarchiving, we'll also have to sync up the "Date Modified" timestamps of the gpx files with the video files. I again use a simple powershell script to do this (attached as SyncDateTime.txt - change extension to .ps1) and run it from the "203gps" folder

1611030637342.png

4. We are all set to view the files now in RV. You can open one of the video files either from the Virtual Drive or the External Drive and then hit the refresh button for the "auto-group" function to kick in.

Attachments

• extract-gps.txt
    84 bytes · Views: 23
  • SyncDateTime.txt
    425 bytes · Views: 18
Last edited:
@Sara.ramli

I have copied all the files from the camera's microsd card to a local folder and followed your step-by-step instructions to try to play them from that local folder.

I do not know why, only in one file of the list (curiously the latest video recorded) appears the information of the distance (1.60km) and speed (21.4 km/h) of the trip.

Also in some files the thumbnail icon to the right of the recording time is displayed and in other files it is not displayed.

gps.JPG

Another problem is that only when playing that video do I get the route taken in the map window at the top right.

For all other files, there is no information in the column for the duration of the trip and neither for the route taken.

All files have been automatically recorded with the DDPAI Mola N3 GPS camera.

How could I try to fix it?

Thanks a lot.

Last edited:
@Sara.ramli

I have copied all the files from the camera's microsd card to a local folder and followed your step-by-step instructions to try to play them from that local folder.

In your screenshot, I see all other files are starting with a S_ prefix (which I believe is used only for event videos to be permanently retained). These won't match the GPX file names (none of them will have the S_ prefix) and hence RV will have no GPS information to use. You'll see that the RV screenshot I posted also has no GPS info for the entry which has the S_ prefix.

I would probably first investigate why most of the videos are saved with S_ prefix by your cam and fix that issue.

On a side note, I also forgot to mention that the batch file that I attached in my previous post uses 7zip to unarchive the tar file. Will update that step to mention this. If you haven't already, ensure that you have 7zip installed and included in your PATH environment variable.

@richx some questions about the ADAS functions.

I did some research, from its official website, it does write ADAS with Land Departure / Front Car / Front People Reminder.
But when I searched through the internet, only found the "green traffic light alert", not one mentioned the Lane Departure Warning or Forward Collision Warning

Are these functions really available in this unit?

@weiquata I've never heard anything aside from green light and front vehicle moving. Never managed to get into situation of front collision or pedastrian crossing, but definitely never heard lane departure also no matter what speed I change lanes at.

Hi All,
I just got Mola N3 and I wonder if i can possibly using the usb-C connector plug directly with powerbank into camera. I intend to use it when my car is not use. Of course the gps won't work as the module is on the mount box. Thank you.

@ace77 You mean like a video camcorder of sorts? I think for casual home shots, a phone camera will do better. It could be useful for making a long time-lapse video without killing your phone, but without a tripod mount adator it could be tricky to hold it in place in a convenient manner. But then you'd need to figure out a way to put it into parking mode. Some DDPai cameras will enter parking mode after 15 minutes of G-sensor inactivity, but I've not tested this on the Mola N3. It definitely won't work as a PC webcam.

@richx yes. I'm thinking to use it as secondary cam by plug powerbank directly to usb C to cam. Yes it's abit tricky as I have to design cad and 3d print the mount and holder.

@ace77 tried to check it out for you, but I don't have a cable tip slim enough to make good contact with the port past the mounting flange.

photo_2021-01-25_14-41-10.jpg

The original cable from Samsung is ideal in thickness ...( Galaxy S10, S20, Duo Charger)

Just got reply from DDPai official that the pin of USB-C for Mola N3 is not following standard pin assignment. Now i have to look out all pin connection from base module to the camera .

Iv just installed my ddpai hardwire kit and nothing is showing in the app regarding voltage cut-off.

Iv reset the device, uninstalled the app and reinstalled, removed fuses and put them back in and still nothing

App version V6.0.02 on iPhone 5
Cam version V7.0.0.7

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

@Carloz everything else works? Powers up, enters parking mode when car stops?

@Carloz everything else works? Powers up, enters parking mode when car stops?
Powers up when both feeds are live (red & yellow). If I turn power off on any of them wires the camera turns off.

Parking mode doesn't appear to be working, I'm testing it again now.

Red wire = Acc, Yellow = constant live

Last edited:
Back