OEM Audi dedicated mirror mount DVR / dash camera CARE VUE from Tekforus

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
( Korean ) OEM Audi dedicated mirror mount DVR / dash camera CARE VUE from Tekforus

From introduction info on Tekforus webiste I can read that thsi company was established in 2006 and works on domestic market with AUDI, BMW vehicle navigation systems.

Now they started producing those OEM DVR-s.

CARE VUE Specifications.

- 2 Mpix CMOS 1/3.2"
- Video resolution: HD 1280x720
- Voice recording
- Battery discharge prevention built in
- Automatic switch on to parking mode recording
- Large lens aperture F1.9
- 115 diagonal, 97 horizontal, 53 vertical
- Up to 32Gb MicroSD card use.

Price in Korea 240usd

b1.jpg
b2.jpg
b3.jpg
b4.jpg
b5.jpg
b6.jpg
b7.jpg

As I understand, this is not whole mirror, but only replacement of existing mirror bracket / mount part to new one which has built in DVR.

all that effort for 720p

For me same reaction ... so much effort, good idea, design, functions, but why 720p ? It looks like Korean trend of 720p will last long time.
Still I dont get this: Koreans are leaders producing high quality built dash cams, but majority of manufacturers still pushing their 720p in end of 2013 ?!!

It could be a light issue since the higher resolution sensor requires a greater amount of light to give the clarity most people expect. In most cases a 720p image is more than adequate.

It also could be a limitation of optics in M12 format with their low lines per inch rating. Or the proverbial hardware thermal issues of the TI platform forcing to choke the bitrate.

... who knows :confused:

Back