Blackvue DR550GW-2CH sample files available?

Batman

Reaction score
Country
Finland
I recently bought urive i-shotgun dash cam and I'm not quite pleased with the software quality. I'm interested in DR550GW-2ch camera and especially its software and I wonder, if someone could give me some sample files so I could test the software properly.

If there are blackVue users but can't give me sample files, it would be great to know what kind of file structure and file naming blackVue uses.

For example Urive file structure is ...
SD card -> blackbox -> year -> month -> day -> hour -> MDR0_20140205_220008 (for front camera) MDR1_20140205_220008 (for rear camera)

Yes But I wouldn't bother mate read all about the camera on here your better off looking at something other then the 550

I don't think I fully understand what you just said.

He has the 550 and is just pointing out that the product is not worth looking at

If it's software you want to look at have a look at Dashcam Viewer, threads on here already about it

He has the 550 and is just pointing out that the product is not worth looking at

If it's software you want to look at have a look at Dashcam Viewer, threads on here already about it

OK. It would be great to know though what 2ch 1080p 30fps camera could be better than 550GW. I also haven't found any Windows and mac compatible viewer which could play both front and rear footage simultaneously.

The developer is still working on Dashcam Viewer but I'm sure things like dual cam file handling will come

The developer is still working on Dashcam Viewer but I'm sure things like dual cam file handling will come

If you are referring to Traveler's Dashcam viewer then yes, I'm aware of it but he said to me that "The dual camera support will be difficult, but I can look into it.". At the moment it seems that there is no better alternative to 550GW.

Try looking at this...
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271380503524
Other models the same make are available with less memory or no GPS arial. Other ones are available look in the dual camera section of this forum.

Editing software is available that will allow for viewing of the footage and editing into a window in window.

Put it this way if I can get a refund from my credit card for this Horrid DR550GW cash cam then I will be buying that one if not I will be selling mine on eBay highest bidder and all that. I am sick of having a camera that fails when its needed and cant show the detail of the accident.

If you are referring to Traveler's Dashcam viewer then yes, I'm aware of it but he said to me that "The dual camera support will be difficult, but I can look into it.". At the moment it seems that there is no better alternative to 550GW.

I'm sure he has other more important things to sort first, that aside though by all accounts the 550 is not a good product

Try looking at this...
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271380503524
Other models the same make are available with less memory or no GPS arial. Other ones are available look in the dual camera section of this forum.

Editing software is available that will allow for viewing of the footage and editing into a window in window.

Thanks for the advice. I'd heard about the Capsule AW1 but not the AW2. For some reason the manufacturer hasn't bothered to mention on its website that this product actually exists. Good marketing...

Gents, I just stumbled on this thread. I am indeed working on dual camera support for the DR550GW in Dashcam Viewer. @B20RRL kindly provided me with a set of test files. On this rainy weekend I was able to make quite a bit of progress on the Mac version.

Below is a screenshot showing a synchronized view of the rear camera (inset) and front camera. You can position the rear camera window anywhere over the area of the front camera, and you can grow/shrink the rear view using the mouse scroll-wheel. I still have a few minor bugs to work out (and I need to work on the Windows implementation) but it is coming along without any showstoppers. Stay tuned...

One question for anyone who owns one of these camera: is audio recorded on both the front and rear movie files? Currently I mute the second channel but I'm not even sure audio is recorded on that channel.

Thanks,
John

dr550.jpg

Looks good @traveler! Good progress so far and has more potential than the Blackvue stuff!!

I know a lot of people like the idea to be able to combine the two files like the above and output to one file. Is this on your hitlist?

If you need me to test or anything then just hit me up with an email.

Thanks,

Tim

Yes the audio is recorded on both videos. front and rear. Looking good, I am sick of having to use the buggy pitasoft sotware. I have started to seperate the front and rear cameras into two folders then I can view them in Reg Viewer

Thanks for the info, gents. The upcoming release will allow screen captures of the main screen including the PiP window showing rear view, but not movie captures.

John

Back