Fuse taps won't stay in

Flighthawk

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe which uses the micro2 fuses. The taps provided in the hardware kit, when inserted, are not being held in place. Any slight disturbance of the tap and it falls out. I've tried to lightly sand the plastic at the base of the blades to make it a bit thinner thinking that it just wanted seated far enough in, but that didn't help. Anyone else have a similar issue or know what I can do to have the taps firmly seated? Would love to get my camera up and running.

I seem to recall a fuse tap seating issue also present in newer Ford cars, but unsure if the same is haunting you as a Hyundai owner, i think the Ford people wass able to do something to make the tap seat better in the fuse box.

I asked our installer for advice and here’s their response:

“Yes, for all Hyundai cars you need to file a bit of plastic off around the 2 'metal' taps. I have done few Hyundai vehicles including the latest Santa Fe and I had to do that. I can't find one brand with micro 2 fuse taps that will fit in perfect in Hyundai vehicles either”

Thanks for the help. Evidently, I was on the right track. Used my Fordam tool (super Dremel) and moved the plastic back about 1.5mm (yes I'm American and using metric :) ). That did indeed solve the issue and the fuse taps are now firmly seated and my unit is up and happy. Thanks for the assist.

Sweet.
And thank you for considering Metric :)(y)

Back