niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
DISCLAIMER
Dashcameras participated in this side by side test were using firmware you see below.
NB! By the time you are watching this video, developers of those dashcameras may have released a new improved firmwares.
Please refer to each developer sub-forum or website in order to see newer firmware release and their performance.

Top Left: Dimika v1.0
Top Right: Mobius B-Lens v1.13 ( 1080p-L )
Bottom Centre: Panorama II v1.12.02

about ( temporary issue) strange BLUE background, Mobius B-lens v1.13

Dimika each video clip verlap is 0.119 sec
Mobius each video clip overlap is 1 sec
Panorama 2 set to no overlap.

The biggest issue in Dimika is variable frame rate and "unusual" video clips overlap.
When I am making final cut ( putting together ) many different video clips from one source, I am using a Registrator Viewer, - this is the best and quickest software out there to "glue" together multiple video clips from one dashcamera.
Till now Registrator Viewer was able to cope with ALL dashcam videos that had fixed frame-rate and had "common" 1 sec ( or 0 sec ) overlap option.

Due to Dimika has "unusual" overlap and variable frame-rate video recording, - Registrator Viewer can not cope with "gluing" together correctly multiple Dimika video clips the way they would correspond and could be used to synchronize with other dashcameras video clips.

The only way to synchronize Dimika video clips with other dashcameras video clips is via pain-stake manual process, which takes me about 3-4 hours using AVS Video Editor just to correctly synchronize 15 min clip of Dimika vs other clips. I have to go almost trough every frame, to cut "unwanted" ones in order to keep up with synchronization, and so on. This is not any easy job and for sure not practical !

Also there is an issue with Dimika audio-codecs. When editing videos in Registrator Viewer and AVS Video editor, they do not support audio codec that Dimika uses, or because of variable frame-rate and different audio codec specifications ( see below ), - there is an issue with audio output after video is edited ( watch Dimika individual youtube video ). Yes, you can play individual video files on Registrator Viewer, but as soon as you try to "glue" few Dimika video clips, - then result for audio is high-pitch noise.

NB! I want to remind: those Dimika audio-video issues exist with firmwares which is mentioned in review.
Please follow Dimika sub-forum on DCT or their website for new firmware releases, where there might be already an updated which solves those issues.

Individual videos

Download link
to original / raw video files for all videos used in this test.

Technical and tag information about video and audio files from MediaInfo

File Specifications.jpg

After I put together 7 x 3min Dimika video using Registrator Viewer, result was error in audio codec ( high pitch noise as mentioned earlier ), but also I have discovered unusual video time length when uploaded that video to YouTube. The real length of video clip is 21min 00sec ( which also shows on VLC Player ), but after uploading on YouTube it shows 1h 24min 02sec. YouTube detected audi/video sync issue and there for might gave total video length time error.

Dimika 21 min file shows on YouTube 1h 24min.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back