A129 Pro firmware

just updated from 1.1 to 2.2. Had the cam for a while I can not see what improvements have made other than what i assume are 2.1 to 2.2 changes.

V2.2 firmware changelog:
  1. Add 5GHz WiFi Channel option;
  2. Support Norsk Language
Can anyone tell me what other changes have occured since 1.1 to 2.2 ? Im assuming they are somewhere between the 62 pages on this thread but do not wish to spend the day scrolling.
Anything important i should be aware specifically in regards to settings or parking mode?
V2.1 firmware change log:
Added 4K 21:9, 2K 30FPS + 1080P 30fps, 1080P 30fps + 1080P 30fps video resolution
Added Parking Recording Timer option
Added Enter Parking Mode Timer option
Optimize looping recording in parking mode for slow card
Parking mode recording solution fixed on FHD + FHD for better handle overheating.
Fixed time-lapse recording issue while the memory card full.
Menu language translation update

Where is this version coming from? Latest version on the Viofo web site is 2.2.
"Viofo forums"

I especially like "Usually, the dashcam beeps because of the SD card." @viofo That was a good one... :ROFLMAO:

2.4 is out..... I regret changing from 1.6 or 1.2 or whatever i had. Currently having parking mode issues with 2.2... ill update later i guess.

V2.4 firmware changelog:

1. Improve the firmware to fit the new WiFi module

Are beeps for memory card write errors suppressed in the latest firmwares?

Are beeps for memory card write errors suppressed in the latest firmwares?
I doubt it, but can only hope. Not much point upgrading until they fix this major issue.

I wonder how the error condition is handled on the newer A139 camera's? If they also do not alert to MC card write errors, I would be very hesitant to buy any further Viofo products, which would be a pity because otherwise it has been operating very good for me.

If Viofo are looking at least impact, they could provide an option in settings to turn it on i.e they could keep it off by default if they are really concerned about users who might be very unsettled about hearing the beeps.

Last edited:
Hey guys, the GPS mount on my A129pro just died today.
It no longer power my dashcam for some reasons.
Initially I thought it was the dashcam that died but I tried to plug the power USB cable directly to the dashcam and it powered on the dashcam just fine.

Before purchasing a GPS mount replacement I just wanted to check. Does thd GPS mount for the A129 Duo compatible with the A129 Pro?

Hey guys, the GPS mount on my A129pro just died today.
It no longer power my dashcam for some reasons.
Initially I thought it was the dashcam that died but I tried to plug the power USB cable directly to the dashcam and it powered on the dashcam just fine.

Before purchasing a GPS mount replacement I just wanted to check. Does thd GPS mount for the A129 Duo compatible with the A129 Pro?
Yes, the regular A129 and the A129 Pro use the same GPS mount. However, I recommend testing the mount before buying a new one to make sure it's not the connection on the back of the camera.

Attachments

• A129GPS.jpg
    A129GPS.jpg
    455.8 KB · Views: 37
Yes, the regular A129 and the A129 Pro use the same GPS mount. However, I recommend testing the mount before buying a new one to make sure it's not the connection on the back of the camera.
Thanks for confirming that both the A129 and A129 Pro use the GPS mount.

Nice one, thanks for the tip. I'll test the mount before then.

Thanks

Power cable plugged to the GPS mount, I get 5v!

Does that mean that the GPS mount is working? Why it's not powering the dashcam?

Edit: I tried to mount the dashcam on the mount. The power led lights up but it's weak (dim) then the led goes off and the dashcam turns off.
No issues when power cable directly plugged to the dashcam.

What seems to be the problem?

Last edited:
Power cable plugged to the GPS mount, I get 5v!

Does that mean that the GPS mount is working? Why it's not powering the dashcam?

Edit: I tried to mount the dashcam on the mount. The power led lights up but it's weak (dim) then the led goes off and the dashcam turns off.
No issues when power cable directly plugged to the dashcam.

What seems to be the problem?
It’s the connection on the back of the camera. It’s an internal issue. Contact your seller about warranty. If your out of warranty, just leave power connected to the camera directly.

It’s the connection on the back of the camera. It’s an internal issue. Contact your seller about warranty. If your out of warranty, just leave power connected to the camera directly.

Arf! Of course it was going to be the most expensive part!

Dashcam must be 2 years old probably out of warranty. I plugged directly the dashcam but now I no longer have GPS data. Not ideal.

Is it a common part that fails on the A129pro? Must be due to wear because I never manipulate the dashcam, don't take if off its mount or anything.

I guess I'll have to buy a new one

Arf! Of course it was going to be the most expensive part!

Dashcam must be 2 years old probably out of warranty. I plugged directly the dashcam but now I no longer have GPS data. Not ideal.

Is it a common part that fails on the A129pro? Must be due to wear because I never manipulate the dashcam, don't take if off its mount or anything.

I guess I'll have to buy a new one
This was something that occurred on some earlier manufactured units.

This discussion really should have been a new thread. It has nothing to do with the firmware.

Is it possible for the GPS to be powered from the camera when the usb cable is plugged into the camera? The GPS uses far less power than the camera, and if the problem is just high resistance, it could still work this way.

This discussion really should have been a new thread. It has nothing to do with the firmware.

Is it possible for the GPS to be powered from the camera when the usb cable is plugged into the camera? The GPS uses far less power than the camera, and if the problem is just high resistance, it could still work this way.
The connection on the back of the camera is damaged/defective. Normally, yes, you can back feed power to the GPS, but obviously not in his case.

The same thing happened on my A129 Pro evaluation unit, which was obviously an early copy. The intermittent connection appeared to cause some non-record instances and also I think the RTC was reset a few times. In the end I opened up the mount and removed the insides, leaving just the plastic mount.

According to Viofo, improves the night image quality.
According to user experience:
I tried version 2.5. There is improvement in wdr. There should be a smoother transition.

I just purchased an A129 Pro and was wondering what the current firmware build is, the page linked above doesn't list the actual version/build. I am on 2.4 20210521, is that the most current?

I just purchased an A129 Pro and was wondering what the current firmware build is, the page linked above doesn't list the actual version/build. I am on 2.4 20210521, is that the most current?
I got my A129 Pro Duo last Thursday and it had 2.4 firmware.

I've been using 2.5 20210806 since early Sept.

Back