T130 3CH : First Thoughts

New App received from Viofo for testing to resolve this problem. Will update here soon.
I tested the new App yesterday and today. The problem that I wrote about earlier was only once, when the App was connected to the DVR for the first time. On subsequent connections, the problem was no longer encountered.

Today I again caught the same glitch.:unsure:
When exiting the settings in the application, the main camera changes the setting from mirror image to normal. All this can be seen in the display of cameras and re-entering the settings: the mirroring of the main camera will be disabled.
Although, before exiting the settings, I specially checked the settings: the shooting of the main and internal cameras was in mirror image.
A bit annoying, but I'm used to constantly monitoring how the DVR is configured when exiting the application.:cool:

A139 and T130 rear cameras. Both cropped to 1280x360 to zoom in a bit. There is just enough detail to see the lady in the car behind eating a sandwich and holding her mobile phone while driving.

The IQ of both cameras is similar. The A139 video retains highlight detail a bit better. Setting EV to - 0.3 might be good for the T130.

A139 and T130 rear cameras. Both cropped to 1280x360 to zoom in a bit. There is just enough detail to see the lady in the car behind eating a sandwich and holding her mobile phone while driving.

The IQ of both cameras is similar. The A139 video retains highlight detail a bit better. Setting EV to - 0.3 might be good for the T130.

Image on the A139 appears much crisper. Greens are Greener. Feels as if the image from your video on the T139 is over-saturated, washed out, and the contrast too high. Also look at the amount of detail on the A139 vs T130. You can read the plates better. You can see the driver's face better. Scenery is much more vibrant.

T130 image definitely needs tweaks. The T130 Colors just aren't right or even close to being on par with the A139. At least from your direct comparison.

comparison.jpg3.jpg2.jpg

Last edited:
Image on the A139 appears much crisper. Greens are Greener. Feels as if the image from your video on the T139 is over-saturated, washed out, and the contrast too high. Also look at the amount of detail on the A139 vs T130. You can read the plates better. You can see the driver's face better. Scenery is much more vibrant.

T130 image definitely needs tweaks. The T130 Colors just aren't right or even close to being on par with the A139. At least from your direct comparison.
I think they are much closer than you describe. The T130 exposure is slightly higher, and therefore appears washed out and less saturated. The T130 has more surface/texture detail that the A139 smooths out, possibly due to higher contrast.

T130-A139 Rear.jpg

I think they are much closer than you describe. The T130 exposure is slightly higher, and therefore appears washed out and less saturated. The T130 has more surface/texture detail that the A139 smooths out, possibly due to higher contrast.

View attachment 58678

Look at various lighting situations from the screencaps I posted.

A139 - See the Driver, Plates readable, and vehicles have more definition and clarity
T130 - Blurry or unreadable plates. Driver cannot be made out. Lot less clarity.

I disagree and think the differences are far more than subtle. I would say a firmware update is needed to adjust the contract and sharpness of the T130.

1. Image #1. Headlights on the T130 Camera are far more smudged and have less definition. License Plate on Black vehicle is also blurrier.
2. Image #2 - Very clearly shows the differences

1.jpg

3.jpg

Last edited:
@TonyM

I imagine the above issue is corrected with a firmware update and color adjustments. It's far more important to be able to read the plates than see the individual blades of grass.

The T130 handles the surrounding scenery much better than the A139, but that comes at the cost reading plates and clarity. The A139 smudges the grass, but offers a better picture where it counts. Making out the driver and license plates.

I'll try the T130 rear camera with EV set to -0.3 to see if that improves the video

I'll try the T130 rear camera with EV set to -0.3 to see if that improves the video

Post more side by side video when you get some. This will help Viofo make adjustments to their firmware image settings on future updates.

Yes, I have the same problem. All 3 channels are upside down (rotated 180deg). They were all correct the last time I exited the Android app.

New App received from Viofo for testing to resolve this problem. Will update here soon.
Since installing the beta Android App (V3.2.0), all 3 channels have remained as I set them (rotate & mirror all channels).

I am seeing multiple dropped frames in low light again. In one sample I reviewed, there was 1 dropped frame at every 1.000 second interval throughout the front video clip, and even 2 dropped frames on one occasion. The rear and internal videos do not have any dropped frames that I have noticed.

Since installing the beta Android App (V3.2.0), all 3 channels have remained as I set them (rotate & mirror all channels).
Every second time I exit the settings in the app, the main camera changes from mirror to normal.

I am seeing multiple dropped frames in low light again. In one sample I reviewed, there was 1 dropped frame at every 1.000 second interval throughout the front video clip, and even 2 dropped frames on one occasion. The rear and internal videos do not have any dropped frames that I have noticed.

Is this a new issue introduced with the latest firmware or something that has been a problem since the beginning? It might pay to flash back to a very old firmware to see if the problem was introduced from the beginning or later on.

If you recall, the Viofo A129 had a dupe frame every 90 frames (3 secs) which was present on all firmwares and was an issue with the SDK itself.

Is this a new issue introduced with the latest firmware or something that has been a problem since the beginning?
It was reported a while ago. Frequency of occurrence seems to vary with ambient light intensity.

It was reported a while ago. Frequency of occurrence seems to vary with ambient light intensity.

Very strange. So this isn't a consistent problem you can replicate every time, but one that appears at random intervals? Sounds more like a firmware bug than an SDK bug for sure.

Back