SGGCX2PRO sometimes does not boot up.

I don't like because it makes very little sense: if a voltage "does not kick in for a few seconds" - then a device cannot wait, because _it's not powered_. Do you not see the controversy in your idea? Even if it's the case and the voltage is below 12V, enough to power part of the circuit - it still DOES NOT explain why after the voltage is at the expected 12V the camera only blinks with diodes and does not start.

With boot delay, it's telling the camera to "wait" before checking if there's sufficient power to boot the camera. The boot delay is 5, 15, and 30 on your camera. Let's say it takes 15 seconds for your 12V socket to get power. By setting the camera to 30 seconds, it SHOULD be waiting 30 seconds before booting and checking if there's power.

Electronics and software is not magic, the observed behaviours should have explanation, but yours simply does not fit. I suspect only those that designed (or reverse engineered) the board and firmware could explain what the blinking means.

Nevertheless, changing the boot time from 5 to 15 and even to the 30 seconds changes nothing: the camera still boots almost instantly (when boots). Demo in the video:

So now I would recommend you make a video and post with the exact symptoms you're describing. It'll help @jokiin troubleshoot what's going on here. By posting a video, we'll get some idea of exactly what's transpiring. Whether the camera is having an issue or if this is something to do with your setup. Or even a firmware bug.

To summarise:

1. Boot delay feature does not work (at least on the most recent stable firmware)
2. There is unexplainable anomaly with camera power button that leads to diodes blinking but not starting
3. These symptoms are reproducible on 2 different x2pro+ (one bought almost 2 years ago, another - a month ago) in 2 different cars.

Per the above, make a video. This could be some sort of firmware glitch. But troubleshooting your exact issue does require being able to see what's taking place.

So now I would recommend you make a video and post with the exact symptoms you're describing. It'll help @jokiin troubleshoot what's going on here. By posting a video, we'll get some idea of exactly what's transpiring. Whether the camera is having an issue or if this is something to do with your setup. Or even a firmware bug.
I have already posted all of them on this page, have you watched videos I posted?

I have already posted all of them on this page, have you watched videos I posted?

Woops ya, forgot you had already. I think your best bet is reaching out to @jokiin and get his advice on a solution. Since this is able to be replicated on two cameras and in different vehicles, I would bank on this being a firmware bug.

Bring it to his attention and see what he recommends.

From the earlier video, that behavior if seeing LED's light up and it turning off is when the Power Input setting is mismatched.
Try to long press and continuously hold down the power button for at least 20 seconds to see if it boots up completely.
Power Input should be set to 2-wire if using the included cigarette lighter power adapter.
Power Input should be set to 3-wire if using the optional 3-wire hardwire kit.
Jokiin will be out of the office for a bit (unplanned), but if you open a support ticket from the main Street Guardian site we'll confirm your details and or warranty status etc.
If you haven't already done so, swap out the power supply too if you're only switching 2 cameras between a single power supply.
Also test with a different memory card if possible.

From the earlier video, that behavior if seeing LED's light up and it turning off is when the Power Input setting is mismatched.
Try to long press and continuously hold down the power button for at least 20 seconds to see if it boots up completely.
Power Input should be set to 2-wire if using the included cigarette lighter power adapter.
Jokiin will be out of the office for a bit (unplanned), but if you open a support ticket from the main Street Guardian site we'll confirm your details and or warranty status etc.
If you haven't already done so, swap out the power supply too if you're only switching 2 cameras between a single power supply.

He indicated: I assume he means hes powering camera using the power cable from camera to the 12V Socket.

Is there a specific setting in Street Guardian Cameras where you have to select if its hardwired or plugged to 12V???

Oh, apologies, I may have missed that: both are powered using the original PSU throught the cigarette lighter.

Oh, for some reason I didn't get notifications and thought this topic was left unanswered.

"
"

It's for sure 2-wire, because the problem happens sometimes (very rarely). If it was a wrong setting - the camera wouldn't have worked. On average it happens once a week, but totally unpredictably.

"
"

It's 2 different cameras, with their own 2 different power supplies with their own 2 different memory cards. Both with identical symptoms.

"Jokiin will be out of the office for a bit (unplanned), but if you open a support ticket from the main Street Guardian site we'll confirm your details and or warranty status etc."
They are both purchased on amazon and at least one of them is still on warranty (the other not sure), but what's the suggestion? I'm sure it's a hardware/software problem, it's impossible 2 cameras from different batches purchased more than a year apart are prone to the same fault unless it's a hw/sw problem with all of them.

"Try to long press and continuously hold down the power button for at least 20 seconds to see if it boots up completely."
That's helpful to try, thanks. Because pulling the charger out-in is annoying (but to be honest what's more annoying is the need to check every time the camera is on).

but to be honest what's more annoying is the need to check every time the camera is on.

It's a good habit with all dashcams, same as refularly checking the card to be sure it's OK. Good cams are quite reliable these days but still worth keeping an eye on as they may be "mission critical" and you want to know they're ready if bad luck strikes.

With the recent passing of Jokiin I'm not sure who is handling warranties there, but the company is still solidly in business and will take care of you same as always.

Phil

"Jokiin will be out of the office for a bit (unplanned), but if you open a support ticket from the main Street Guardian site we'll confirm your details and or warranty status etc."

Sadly, @jokiin has died. His wife took over his position. Others from Street Guardian I am sure will step up and offer you and others the same level of support.

Sadly, @jokiin has died. His wife took over his position. Others from Street Guardian I am sure will step up and offer you and others the same level of support.
yep just found the topic about it, so sad, and now I feel like a douche for demanding a support here, feeling so sorry.

yep just found the topic about it, so sad, and now I feel like a douche for demanding a support here, feeling so sorry.
Lots of people come here seeking advice, help, or support so don't feel bad about that. Street Guardian has been here on these forums for ages to do just that and they will continue. Nobody beats their customer service (y)

Phil

Back