RUIYOU Announcement to Customers Suppliers (DashcamTalk - @Jokiin)

As i recall Jokiin was first going with the guard track brand, and street guardian came along after that / or something happned back then, IMMUM ( Im My Messed Up Memory ) i think SG cameras sold first but GT was the first brand talked about.
The GT brand also sold / sell i have one of their cameras in the now dated GT63EX

It have been some ride, i remember getting the SG9665GC camera, and it completely freaked me out as i was so used to the "harsh" footage of my Lukas camera, so the GC while also not super soft, was something else i had to get used to.

Rick's passing is a big loss for his family and his friends here on Dashcamtalk. I had the pleasure of working with Rick over the last few years. He was always supportive, knowledgeable, and fun to talk with. I remember his business ethos was "always put customer first" and he wasn't just saying it, he meant it. He also cared about the dashcam community as a whole-- not just SG. These traits are rare in a person, much less a company. I know his spirit lives on, and SG is in good hands. Rest in peace, my friend, and condolences to Lisa and the kids.

I still catch myself looking at the " who is online" box for him, but Rick are now with another community where i am sure he will shine too.
same, thinking it was just a dream that he is no longer with us in person and he is still with us. but sad fact it is true.

I remember his business ethos was "always put customer first" and he wasn't just saying it, he meant it. He also cared about the dashcam community as a whole-- not just SG. These traits are rare in a person, much less a company.
Condolences to Lisa and the children.

Rick's ethos and his participation on the Whirlpool Forum, is what first convinced me to purchase an SG.
The Dash Cam industry has lost a true and honest man, he was one in a couple of million.

R.I.P Rick. :cry::cry:

Condolences to all family and friends.
I just joined the forum and am reading reviews and help about lots of cameras. Rick was a great help with lots of them, always providing help where he could. He will be missed greatly from what I can see.

Lisa I'm so sorry to have heard of your family's loss - Rick was a great guy and many forums will be quieter now he's not around. Rick helped many people indeed over the years.

Rest in peace Rick and good luck to those of you taking SG forwards.

I'm a new member and was getting to know Rick through past posts when I ran into the sad news. I watched his wife Ms. Lisa speak at the funeral service. It was very touching.

I'm very sorry for your loss ma'am. May the Lord on High give you the strength to walk this difficult path. May He watch over your family. I'll keep you, your family and Rick's friends in my prayers. Hoping that time will ease some of the pain.

Life is way too fragile and a treasure that, unfortunately, we often don't value enough. I'm thankful for Rick's life of service.

Kind regards

Condolences for your loss. Words can't fill the emptiness but it is clear that Rick was very well liked and respected. May his memory live on

Been a while since I logged in here and just found out. Terrible news, he was always so helpful and kind. Condolences to Lisa and family.

My last message from Rick was on 1 July 2021. I gave him an update on the issue of my dashcam on 4 Feb 2022. No reply from him since then. I thought it is not usual as he always replied to me within an hour or 2. Jump to the forum today and found this sad news.
RIP Rick:cry:

Missed this sad news...
My condolences to Rick's family and loved ones...

Oh my gosh I am sorry. I am so used to seeing his useful and honest answers here on the forum (when I stop by). Feels weird to lose that voice. My condolences to his family and friends.

OMG, I haven't been to this forum since I bought my SG dashcam in 2018 and today I just found out this very sad news regarding our great jokiin.

R.I.P. dashcam guru :cry:

OMG I only just found out about Rick's passing as my cam died so I thought I'd put up a post. Rick was such a kind person and gave the best after market service for any product I have ever purchased. There were a few times he sent me items (spare mounting kits, power adapters) but would never accept even postage. RIP mate :cry:

Just found out today July 11th 2022.

So sad when such a top Quality bloke like jokiin leaves us. So helpful to everyone and provided the best service I have ever seen.

Good on yer jokiin ... outstanding job. Loved your work. Nobody could possibly have done a better job than you. Will miss you, Bro.

Back