Please recommend professional installer

leggy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,

Looking for a professional installer in Los Angeles County, preferably in Torrance or Long Beach. Someone you dealt with and can recommend.
Device will be Street Guardian SG9663DR for my 2020 Volvo XC60.

Thank you for your help.

Welcome to DCT @leggy :)
While I can't specifically endorse anyone, car audio shops are experienced with wiring, trim panel removal, etc and usually do good with dashcam installs. I would show them where I want the cam modules, being sure it's an area within the wiper coverage and clear of window tint bands.

Phil

First post in 6 years? :unsure:
Might be hard to endorse a specific personal recommendation unless someone from your same specific area sees this thread.

You could try Best Buy, but I would use them as a last resort. Just make sure that it's not some 16 year old high school kid working on your vehicle.

Thank you guys. I found couple of shops do tinting and audio but wanted to check this community first for word of mouth.
I registered a while ago but never had the chance to post or buy a dash cam. After the pandemic I am seeing increased amount of bad drivers and driving so a dash cam is a must now.

hehe yeah gotta look out for #1, CUZ looking out for #2 are not worth it, as most often they come out of nowhere and dont give you a chance.

My only LA experience is a short nib around town in a taxi and then waiting 4 hours at LAX for the plane to Copenhagen, but as the guys say shops with car audio / car alarm ASO experience should be able to do good.
I recon a few of them are also getting more and more dashcam experience even if a lot of people have the skill to attempt it on their own, but many dont or just cant be bothered which is also okay.
I personally volunteer my skill set to anyone near me, and all i would ask for is a cold soda and a THX

I am nohwere near your area but when I bought my nearly $1,000 dashcam package I contacted the manufacturer of the dash cam and they gave me a list of authorized dealers in my area. Took it to them and about 2-1/2 hrs later the entire hardwired 2 channel, cloud module and battery packs job was completed while I shopped at a mall nearby. That AD was about 1/2 hr from my home. Why don't you contact StreetGuardian and ask them for ADs in your area? An AD will always know additional tricks on how to install it best as they would had installed your specific dashcam model and are best familiar with the stuff they sell. The only exception would probably be if you are among the first to have purchased a hot-of-the-oven model that was just released and which is significantly different to any previous model from the maniufacturer. Also, I have heard the SG support is very good whether pre-sales, post-sales or tech support, so you call to them would probably yield the best results. Best wishes!

Make sense, thank you

Jon at @Street Guardian USA might be able to help, but i cant say i have seen any inclination of SG having a list of certified installers, but could be i have missed out on something.

I don’t have any LA recommendations. We always tell customers to look up there local car audio shop and check their online reviews. They all install Dashcams quite often these days.

Susan is pretty good

I’d be more inclined to choose one familiar with your car set up rather than camera set up. It’s just 12v supplies but choosing the ones best suited to your car will be the important factor.

I do remember someone looking for an installer in LA from many years ago and recommending them afterward, but the info would be out-of-date by now. Custom car audio requires more robust powering and removal/replacement of trim pieces so anyone good with that will certainly be able to handle dashcams too. It's a safe bet. Chain stores like Best Buy may or may not not have people of that caliber, so they're a less safe bet but many have used them successfully ;)

Phil

Just placed the order for SG9663DCPRO+ with 256gb card from Amazon for $294.95. Should be here this Tuesday.
Not doing the parking mode so didn't order the hardwire kit.
Very excited as this is my first ever dash cam

Just placed the order for SG9663DCPRO+ with 256gb card from Amazon for $294.95. Should be here this Tuesday.
Not doing the parking mode so didn't order the hardwire kit.
Very excited as this is my first ever dash cam
The other benefits of hard-wiring is a cleaner install(no wires hanging all over the place to the cigarette lighter), prevention of battery drain(if your cigarette lighter port is "live" like it is in most cars nowadays), and also of course a free cigarette lighter port to charge a different device.
You don't need to be doing parking mode to order the hard-wire kit.

The installer said he will hook the wires to the fuse box and he will supply the wires

Have a question for @Street Guardian USA and others of they know the answer.
On the DCPRO+ with hardwire kit, say in an accident and turned the car off, would the parking mode start recording immediately if I have it in continuous recording?
Is there a mode to start recording when only people are around the car?

Thank thou

When your turn off Accessory power (engine off) the dashcam will pause for a second and start recording in parking mode immediately. Parking mode is continuous no triggered event required so all is captured. Just make sure “parking monitor” is set to 30FPS and “shut down timer” is a high enough (you’ll see 10m to 24h options)

I am ordering from Amazon, do you know which one I need for 2020 Volvo XC60? Many fuse options so not sure which one fits

Back