Please recommend professional installer

Volvo had Micro 2 2015-2018 but not sure about 2020. I’d need to ask our installer to research but will take sometime to get an answer. If you can’t wait we sell a hardwire kit that includes ALL types for $10 more to cover all options.

My installation is next Tuesday. Amazon is showing next day delivery for PRIME members, which I am.

Got the camera today. Nicely packed and well made. The micro sd card is Sandisk high endurance 256gb. Love it.

There is a delay timer you can put on, so the hand over from normal mode to parking is delayed, this are beneficial as getting out the car and slamming the door will create a event if parking mode G - sensor are on.
If you use the delay, which as i recall is 30 seconds MAX, you can get out and slam door if you are not too slow about it.
Default the hand over are instant, or within very few seconds of turning off the car.

Otherwise it is not really that big of a deal, i personally never gotten around to turn on the delay, so those door slam delays and me occasional pressing the event button is all that go into my event ( RO ) folder.

(y) on getting the 256GB, this is the way,,,,, to go.

At first I wasn't planning to use the parking mode then I thought about the events that can take place after an accident or any other time and the car turned off.
I think the 256gb should give me 16 hours of continuous recording at 1080/30? How about the bitrate, at which level I need to set it to give me 16 hours or more maybe?

if you set the parking guard mode to 30 FPS, it will record regular video but at a much lower bitrate, normal video are 20 mbit but parking guard are only 4, this mean the files ( 3 minute i use ) are 350 MB for regular video and 128 MB for parking gurd.

You should always use the best image quality / bitrate when driving, but you can go pretty low when parked and 4 mbit are low, but in my test still fine for a car passing by at town speed levels.

So got the Pro+ and hardwire kit installed on Tuesday. Didn't have the chance to do a lot of testing. Still has to see how well the 1 hour parking mode recording is doing.
I noticed dashcam viewer is not very smooth when playing the files, sometimes the location of the car on the map doesn't match the video, the speed showing on the cam doesn't match what the viewer is showing.
Is this normal?
On Windows media player the files work flawlessly but of course front and rear aren't combined in one view.
Forgot to add, I have the bitrate on the highest setting.

Last edited:
That is where you would want the bitrate to be.
The files should play fine on dashcam viewer, it might be a software issue or maybe GPS

Dont have this model so i can not try to replicate the issue, if you want to share a file that seem buggy in the GPS i do have dashcam viewer from other SG products to try it on my end.

That is where you would want the bitrate to be.
The files should play fine on dashcam viewer, it might be a software issue or maybe GPS

Dont have this model so i can not try to replicate the issue, if you want to share a file that seem buggy in the GPS i do have dashcam viewer from other SG products to try it on my end.
Appreciate the offer. I found the issue of choppy video and audio on dashcam viewer on Windows. On my laptop, I can select the graphic card to be on battery saver mode or speed mode even when it's plugged in, mine was on battery saver mode. Once turned to speed mode everything became smooth.

Not sure what you've got for a laptop, but today's higher bitrates and also h.265 files can be more than older or low-spec computers can play smoothly using any viewing platform.

Since that describes me, I've found my best results with and recommend PotPlayer overall, but I still have problems with choppy playback with certain cams and especially h.265, so where I can switch the cam to h.264 I usually do- nothing lost except getting larger file sizes for the same recording time.

I really need a newer laptop which has more computing power than the average abacus like I have now :ROFLMAO:

Phil

My laptop is 10 years old Sony Vaio and has Intel i5 2.4ghz, 256gb SSD and 8gb ram with integrated graphic card. It has stamina and speed graphic card selector. The graphic card was on stamina, once moved it to speed it completely solved the problem.

found my best results with and recommend PotPlayer overall.
I tried it but it doesn't show both channels at the same time. DV Player is good too but it seems Dashcam is better.
I wanted to update my Dashcam viewer but not sure which version works best for me, the plus or pro, so still have to find out if I am ever need the additional features of the Pro and if the upgrade is any useful for DCPRO+ files

Back