Looking for a small 2 camera set up... less than $100

chris3289

Reaction score
Country
United States
I was considering this one... the F90G because it has the GPS function. I drive an infiniti G35 and want a camera that i can place behind my rear view mirror. The rear camera will be facing out the rear window obviously.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/200910908730

I pretty much want a camera that has decent video quality (god forbid i'm in an accident... i would like proof of the incident). Ideally i would love to have a camera with a motion detector in case anyone breaks into the car but it doesnt seem like thats possible for cams in my price range.

What do you guys consider?

I also thought about this one but i think the one above is better.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00J3HH31U

I pretty much want a camera that has decent video quality (god forbid i'm in an accident... i would like proof of the incident).

Unfortunately your requirements and thread title @ ( ... less than $100 ), does not give any good options to offer you.

1. for reliable motion detection functionality in parking mode you need capacitor based dashcamera, not battery operated. Capacitor based dashcams cost way much more.
2. decent video quality dashcam 1ch dashcam cost ca. 200usd
3. decent quality 2ch dashcam cost 300-400usd

Maybe my requirements are too high, but my understanding of "decent video quality" and reliable functionality ( like motion detection you asked ), - budget should be over 300-400usd for 2ch system.

Of course there are many others good value for money 2ch systems out there, but there is always a rule: the lower the price - the less video quality, performance and functionality.

Maybe for you word "decent" means completely different than to me or many others who already went trough 2,3-5 ? dashcams.

There is one interesting option for total around 170-180usd: buy 2 x Mobius with capacitors. It is most discussed dashcamera on this forum.
Check Mobius sub-forum. You will find a lot of interesting about that dashcam.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the one you linked on Amazon (well, different make/model, looks identical), and my rear cam failed already. The eBay seems to be running identical software, and has the same rear cam, so I would probably stay away from those cams.

I'm getting to the point of just getting 2 decent 1-channel cams as niki recommended, as dual channels really seem to be a crapshoot/compromise.

Any experience with that 2nd camera i linked??? By decent quality I just want something where you can make out license plates at least. It doesn't have to be HD quality like my gopro lol

By decent quality I just want something where you can make out license plates at least. It doesn't have to be HD quality like my gopro lol

Actually it has to be "like gopro" in order to read license plate.
The lower the price - the less it reads number plates in different scenarios.

Refer to my earlier replay about best bang for buck value for 2ch system.

Last edited:
Back