BlackVue DR550GW-2CH firmware v1.014 (En, Rus,..)

Hello fellow DR550GW users.
Couple of quick issues:
Number 1:
I have been successful in updating the firmware (DR550GW-2CH_v1.014K(2013.09.25)) , and thanks to the posting above, I was able to get English enable... however, be aware, if you change to another freshly formatted SD card, it will go silent. The new SD card must have the same directory/file setup as the one you modded from or you will likely lose all audio...
Number 2:
I have been unable to get the correct date and time on the device. Initially, I did not get my speed, however that is now working and only the DATE/TIME is set to some system default (2020.08.18). I've monkeyed with the time zone settings, however, no luck.
Any others have this problem? Any suggestions on how to manually set the time/date?

I do not have the problem after changing from korean to English firmware using the above method.

What I did is; run the Blackvue software that is in the SD CARD.
This Blackvue software is created in the SD CARD after executing the English firmware update file, it will create the right files and folder in the SD CARD together with this Blackvue software created in the SD CARD.

Using this software, I change the time zone to my country and I understand once need the GPS to be working, logged to the satellites, then the date and time info will be correctly written.
Hope this help.

Hi I don't understand how to connect while blackvue is wifi on ,then connect to my computer.
thin sentence- The DR550 memory card slot and turn on wifi connected computer. then..???
Please explain for me...

Hello fellow DR550GW users.
Couple of quick issues:
Number 1:
I have been successful in updating the firmware (DR550GW-2CH_v1.014K(2013.09.25)) , and thanks to the posting above, I was able to get English enable... however, be aware, if you change to another freshly formatted SD card, it will go silent. The new SD card must have the same directory/file setup as the one you modded from or you will likely lose all audio...
Number 2:
I have been unable to get the correct date and time on the device. Initially, I did not get my speed, however that is now working and only the DATE/TIME is set to some system default (2020.08.18). I've monkeyed with the time zone settings, however, no luck.
Any others have this problem? Any suggestions on how to manually set the time/date?
look at my post...
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/posts/33868/

Hi guys
I've been following this thread but i still aren't successful. I've the v2.000 firmware for 550.
I play around with putty but i don't know where to type in the login & password and i also not sure whether i've downloaded the correct putty application as there were so many links in putty.org
Can anyone advise? Thanks.
Before i do any changes to the sd card, i always need to format it using sd formatter?

1. Connect to your car DVR with your PC/notebook via Wi-Fi. Default SSID is a
combination of a model name, a dash, and last six symbols of its MAC address.
For example, DR550GW-XXXXXX.
Password: blackvue , or the one you have assigned by setting it up in
configuration files.

2. Use Telnet to make a connection:
IP: 192.168.8.1 , or the one you have assigned by setting it up in
configuration files.
Port: 23
Login: root
Password: tp
You will enter to a command prompt of a Linux shell as a super-user.

3. Execute the following command:
/mnt/mmc/mod001/upgrade.sh

4. Enjoy!

http://car-dvr.info/public/files/DR550-Eng-001.zip

Hi thanhvan229,
for your instructions, it must be done with the sd card in the camera or using pc to do it?
I'm also half way through the instructions by copying the mod001 folder into the sd card, and this is what i get below:

[firmware]
version = 2.000
model = 550GW
language = English
[software]
version = 2.200
model = 550GW
language = English
[config]
version = 1.040
model = 550GW

is this correct?