Viofo A119 Mini all parking files locked

The event recording also known as buffered recording, the files will be locked by default, this is limited by the chipset solution, we can not change it.
So they will not be overwritten when the SD card is full? So we need to manually delete these parking files?

I think the same situation (automatic parking record locking) applies to the a129 pro.
Yes, there is same problem with my viofo 129 duo pro after the firmware update. All parking videos are locked - and there are no video in the parking folder when l lock via viofo app.
The parking auto event detection should record parking video with movement and lock videos if g-sensor was triggered. At least dashcam behave so before the firmware update…

Yes, there is same problem with my viofo 129 duo pro after the firmware update. All parking videos are locked - and there are no video in the parking folder when l lock via viofo app.
The parking auto event detection should record parking video with movement and lock videos if g-sensor was triggered. At least dashcam behave so before the firmware update…
Yes, that's exactly what all my previous Viofo cameras did, only lock when G sensor triggered.

So they will not be overwritten when the SD card is full? So we need to manually delete these parking files?
Any news on this topic? Will it really not be overwritten and you have to manually delete the parking files?

You can use: "Recording with low bitrate". ;)
I completely understand that, but why should I?

Previously, the auto event detection function only recorded when it needed to, not ALL the time, so if absolutely nothing happened then no card space was required. It also made it much easier to narrow down the timeline if something did happen, there was no need to scroll through countless hours continuous recording to find the required footage, you just had to check the files with "events".

And when the card needed to free up space it just automatically overwrote the files that were not saved in the RO folder, as it should. But the A119 Mini is apparently not capable of such a minor thing as NOT write protecting EVERY SINGLE FILE!!!

I completely understand that, but why should I?
I am not campaigning for anyone. Everyone is free to choose which parking mode is more important to him.
I used to also use in the parking lot: "Automatic motion detection" until a certain case.
The car was in the parking lot for 12 hours, during which time 15 cars arrived and left.
A119v3 did not record 5 of them, but recorded how a bird flew by and a leaf moved on a tree.
It's good that the T130 was set to "Record with a low bitrate" and all the events I needed were on the memory card.
Since then, I've only been using "Low Bitrate Recording".

Last edited:
If the camera supports the buffered recording mode(auto event detection), the files will be locked by default, this is limited by the SDK.
If you don't need the buffered recording, we can disable this feature.

If buffered recording does not affect other parking modes, then you do not need to disable it.
Someone really needs it. Let people have a choice.

If the camera supports the buffered recording mode(auto event detection), the files will be locked by default, this is limited by the SDK.
Ok, but is there possible to program Viofo dashcam that in 'event detection mode' it would lock parking video ONLY if G sensor is triggered and NOT lock but JUST RECORD video if motion was detected and save it in parking folder? Then event detection mode would work as it should be. I believe everybody would agree.

Has there been a fix for this? I noticed that my a119 mini is also doing the same thing. All videos that are captured during parked recording are marked as locked.

Has there been a fix for this? I noticed that my a119 mini is also doing the same thing. All videos that are captured during parked recording are marked as locked.
All videos that have motion I should note. It doesn't have to be something hitting the car or anything that extreme. If there is any motion like walking in front of the vehicle it will lock the file.

We have refined our firmware and firmware in different models may also differ, not bug issues. While currently, files under AED parking mode shall be locked, we may have customized firmware that does not lock videos in this mode, you shall then contact us directly by

It does not make any sense. Locking files by default for buffered parking mode (mode I decided to purchase the camera for) will cause a card to get full and, eventually, prevent new recordings from being stored!
I also don't remember such behaviour exists in A139, which also has buffered parking mode.
Someone at @VIOFO-Support should finally start thinking!

So, I just did a full factory default/reset. Did a full format on the camera. Set the G sensor to middle sensitivity.

I retested in my garage, by just waving my hand in front of the camera (did not touch anything and did not move the car.)

It's still locking all the parking files.

It must be a bug.

I am using a Samsung Endurance Pro 128gb card which I have been using in my A119 V3 for the last year without issue.

@viofo @VIOFO-Support for your interest.
It seems the camera is working normally, once it detects movement within its range of view, the recording will be started.

Please viofo whoever is implementing locking of all parking files is doing a huge mistake. It makes no sense if the cam fills up it's space and is unable to record anything else. Just give us parked looped recording.

You can use: "Recording with low bitrate" аnd then the parking videos will be overwritten.

Back