Dashcam Viewer does not Load GPS Data

tippytoes

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm currently using Dashcam Viewer 3.2.8 for macOS from the Street Guardian website. While the application does load videos, it always gives me an error and doesn't show the GPS data or speed. I know I'm getting signal from the GPS module since the dashcam always shows that there is signal. This is what always pops up when trying to load videos:
Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 1.18.13 PM.png
When loading videos using Dashcam Viewer 3.8.5 from dashcamviewer.com, it loads perfectly with all the GPS data, car orientation, etc. Is there a way to make my footage work with the software from SG or would I need to use the more recent application from dashcamviewer.com?

Some new work on the app probably tripped up the DC2K support, traveler should be able to fix that fast.

I’ll tag the developer.
HI @traveler any idea what might be going on for @tippytoes here? You have a SG9667DC2K there and thought everything was confirmed good to go recently.
Support for the DC2K was added to Dashcam Viewer v3.8.3 and later versions. The release of an updated SG Dashcam Viewer that supports the DC2K is unclear. Still need to work out details with StreetGuardian.

Any updates on this? Just re-downloaded the viewer and codecs from your site but still get the OP's error. Is there something to download of dashcam viewer's site without messing around with free trial? Thanks.

No update yet, waiting for the Factory to decide if a licensed newer build update is possible sooner rather than later. You’ll need to pay for the full version if using the newer paid commercial build of http://DashCamViewer.com

Ah, I should clarify that I get the OP's error message when I attempt to play a file that I created using the "merge multiple movies into one movie" using a pair that's definitely matched. I end up with only the front camera video and no GPS/speed data.

1660849419943.png

Also, if I open only these two files, the "switch video channel" option is grayed out. My "edit" menu never drops down either but I don't know if that's expected behavior.
Too bad there's no way to get the two videos simultaneously as I thought I had a pretty interesting one to post.

Last edited:
Back