New to dash cams

Mrash76

Reaction score
Hi, kind of new to dash cams but not to imaging. I'm interested in a 1080p camera, GPS that's built in, but there's so many options I'm confused as to what's genuine and what's fake! I'd also like a 2hr battery life. Am I expecting too much?

None of the sites seem to mention battery life.

This looks interesting

But I like how these 2 mount to the screen

Any other ideas?

Oh, and a good reliable vendor is required too! Far too many scary Chinese scam stories banding bout. :D Thanks in advance

Mrash76 said:
None of the sites seem to mention battery life.

battery is only for short term use, while the unit is powering off, saving last file etc, they're all designed to be run from vehicle power so battery life is not too important in the scheme of things

Mrash76 said:
I'd also like a 2hr battery life. Am I expecting too much?
Unfortunately yes as jokiin stated No DashCam will last that long. It is always recommended to have it at least plugged into the the cars lighter socket when doing any driving and recording.

Mrash76 said:
I'm interested in a 1080p camera, GPS that's built in

http://www.foxoffer.com/gs8000-best-108 ... TfMjlensvt
The GS8000 does do 1080 and has GPS built in. This is one i am keeping an eye on myself How ever some users here have reported GPS problems with this camera. Can read about it in the later page posts here.

I do not think i have ever seen the second one you had posted.

The third one you posted the listing mentioned that it only does 720 although with it selling that cheap i might be a little concerned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back