Blackvue Defective Build Quality

Cahn

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi,

I have a Blackvue camera and I was very happy with the image quality. Two days ago, the end cover of the camera fell on the floor while I was driving. Upon ejecting the camera from its cradle I noticed it rattled a bit.
While holding the unit under a light, to see the best way to attach end of the camera back on. I noticed all the fixing areas of the acrylic camera body has disintegrated, I tipped the camera over & shook it and 20 to 30 little plastic pieces fell out. Is that what we pay for when we buy a Blackvue Camera?

If anyone has had a camera that rattles, this is probably why. The acrylic posts that hold the PCB and case together are falling apart.

If you have had this problem with a Blackvue unit, please let me know.

Regards
Cahn

Hi,

I have a Blackvue camera and I was very happy with the image quality. Two days ago, the end cover of the camera fell on the floor while I was driving. Upon ejecting the camera from its cradle I noticed it rattled a bit.
While holding the unit under a light, to see the best way to attach end of the camera back on. I noticed all the fixing areas of the acrylic camera body has disintegrated, I tipped the camera over & shook it and 20 to 30 little plastic pieces fell out. Is that what we pay for when we buy a Blackvue Camera?

If anyone has had a camera that rattles, this is probably why. The acrylic posts that hold the PCB and case together are falling apart.

If you have had this problem with a Blackvue unit, please let me know.

Regards
Cahn
I really want to reply to you, but dear, we are BLACKVIEW, not BLACKVUE......

only if you don't mind me asking this is, why choose a name that, apart from the spelling is the same name as another company who already sell DVR's uses to name one of it's DVR's?, I'm sure there are going to be lots of people in the future who are not sure who is who, and with (Pittasoft, but better known as) Blackvue's customer service record, I wouldn't be choosing their name to trade on

Last edited:
you'd think they would of put more thought in to naming themselves than to just to pick a name already taken, and even better, competing in the same market, I can see them replying with more of these "we are BLACKVIEW, not BLACKVUE......"

here's a good phone conversation:

Customer: are you Blackvue?
Lisa lau: yes we are Blackview
Customer: well I got your Blackvue DR500GW DVR's and its a pile of sh**
Lisa lau: we don't sell/make the Blackvue DR500GW
Customer: you are Blackvue?
Lisa lau: yes we are Blackview
Customer: well then I want my money back
Lisa lau: for the last time we don't make the Blackvue DR500GW
Customer: are you Blackvue?
Lisa lau: yes we are Blackview but don't make the Blackvue DR500GW
Customer: so if you are Blackvue and don't make the Blackvue DR500GW who does?
Lisa lau: you want Blackvue not us, we are Blackview

Last edited:
Because I'm guessing people will mistake them for BlackVue and buy their products. Then they'll have realized they have been bamboozled/rused and become too embarrassed to post a scathing review.

Reactions: GRG
you'd think they would of put more thought in to naming themselves than to just to pick a name already taken...

If they believe they can gain more sales by aping a respected(?) manufacturer name, better choices might include Lukass or VicoVacation, etc...

When did you drop it last. I have dropped my camera onto the floor of the car and it hasn't been damaged.

There are actually no "Pins" to hold it together The body is two pieces retained by four screws, the end of a 400 is retained in a groove in the end of the body.
appears the 300/350 is the same. the other end with the pushbutton is attached to the end of one body part

The circuit board is retained by several little fingers in the case and fit into the edges of the board

As you don't say what model you have its a bit unfair to complain especially as you didn't even read the thread title correctly.

It would take a fairly hard knock to break anything inside as there is hardly any spare space to allow anything to move at all.
Bothe sides of the board have foam tape to stop shocks from affecting it as well..

20 to 30 pieces of plastic fell out!!!!!!!! Wouldn't be more than 10 if all the supports broke.

What are you drinking.

Reactions: GRG
Back