newb question

passati35

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi guys, using my GS207 for over an year now and didn't have any issues (except battery died after 2 month) and today I was always involved into accident but I can't find that video now :( I use SONY 16gb SD card.
I'm driving 40 minutes and I can't find 40 minutes of video now :( even though it always shows red dot (recording) I have almost 30 videos and they all from different places and they all don't have either beginning or end just random videos... What is wrong here ? :(

It might be the camera acting up or it might be a problem with your card. First of all try to eliminate any memory-related problems. Try reformatting the card in your PC and test it again. It's recommended that you take the memory out of the camera and reformat it in your PC every once in a while (every couple of weeks would be fine). Also try using another memory card, the problem might be that your memory card is too old and has already run past its read-write cycle life...

It might be the camera acting up or it might be a problem with your card. First of all try to eliminate any memory-related problems. Try reformatting the card in your PC and test it again. It's recommended that you take the memory out of the camera and reformat it in your PC every once in a while (every couple of weeks would be fine). Also try using another memory card, the problem might be that your memory card is too old and has already run past its read-write cycle life...

My SD card is one year old, I bought it for this DVR, and I just did formatting maybe 3 weeks ago

It's the only thing you can do to try and fix it (trying another memory card). Unfortunately this model has no firmware updates or anything else you can change or repair. If using another memory card still doesn't resolve your issue then you might as well just count your losses and buy a reliable newer dashcam. Cheapest recommended one is the G1W model reviewed on this site. Its performance and video quality are way better than the DVR-207GS...

Yeah, I tried new SD card, just bought from local store it didn't work, could you please give me a link where I can buy that dash cam, since ebay is full of fake ($40-50) copies and estore is in China and all G1Ws are with the battery instead of Capacitor...

Back