GS1000 for the front and DVR-207 for the back

dashcamtalker

Reaction score
Hi,

after reading about all the cams out there, I've decided to get the GS1000 for the front of my car and the dvr-207 for the back.

Has anyone got any suggestions as how to do it differently? I looked at all the cams mentioned here, but the others are just too expensive.

I was also wondering what the difference is between these two drv-207:

They're both being sold by the same seller, however, one is more expensive:

69,99 USD: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Newest-DVR ... 0585954574

72,99 USD: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Sale-Newest ... 1068657076

Last edited by a moderator:
They are the same cam.
The more expensive one is a faster shipping method.
If you are patient go the cheaper one, if in a hurry the more expensive.

Thank you for your quick reply :).

Do you have any suggestions regarding a cam for the front or back of the car?

I really like the Flexmedia V747w, as it makes great pictures in the night. However, the price is just too high.

dashcamtalker said:
Hi,
after reading about all the cams out there, I've decided to get the GS1000 for the front of my car and the dvr-207 for the back.
Has anyone got any suggestions as how to do it differently? I looked at all the cams mentioned here, but the others are just too expensive.

I have been looking to do something just like this. I currently have a DVR-027 (Older version of 207) and am looking at putting it in the back and putting up something 1080 with GPS upfront. I have yet to grab another camera, but i have been looking at at first the GS1000 but then seen the GS8000 witch seems to have GPS problems according to some user feedback, and have also been keeping an eye on the newly released JAEWONCNC IROAD IONE-3800FU although it is a bit more expensive then a GS1000 or GS8000 and i think has issues with the mount that make it not a sure thing for me yet, but might be ok for others.
There are threads on both cameras around the forum. I am trying to hold out a little longer until more feedback on these new cameras come in from other DCT Users.
dashcamtalker said:
I was also wondering what the difference is between these two drv-20
They're both being sold by the same seller, however, one is more expensive:
69,99 USD: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Newest-DVR ... 0585954574
72,99 USD: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Sale-Newest ... 1068657076

They seem to be both from the same recommended seller. The only thing i can see is that the 72.99 one offers faster shipping and has factored the cost into the item price. They may have done this for feedback reasons. When a seller lists that an item has free shipping it forces 5 star rating on the how fair were the shipping cost question and maybe also the how fast did seller ship question. So they have both with free shipping in the listing and factor the faster shipping cost of the second listing into the item price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for your elaborate reply.

The JAEWONCNC IROAD IONE-3800FU does indeed sound interesting. However, the front LED does turn me off a bit - I know that one can cover it, but still it is an annoyance - especially since it apparently cannot be turned off.

I might wait for some reviews then, too.

CheckYourLights said:
They seem to be both from the same recommended seller. The only thing i can see is that the 72.99 one offers faster shipping and has factored the cost into the item price. They may have done this for feedback reasons. When a seller lists that an item has free shipping it forces 5 star rating on the how fair were the shipping cost question and maybe also the how fast did seller ship question. So they have both with free shipping in the listing and factor the faster shipping cost of the second listing into the item price.

that's a good strategy actually, I've been looking at ways to accommodate international shipping, this might be a good solution

I'm probably going to do the same thing for the back. I think the 207 is a good choice and for the price it can't be beat.

I have a DVR 027 and am waiting for more Wifi choices (or at least the prices to come down a bit) to replace it up front.
Using a DVR 027 or 207 for a rear camera sounds fine and that's the route I think I will take down the road.
For me the convenience of using your smartphone to set up or monitor a screen-less dash cam (even if it's 720p) wins over other designs.
It's all about what works for you and what your needs are.

Back