Vantrue E2 vs Viofo A229 Duo

abhi8881

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I am getting my Mazda CX-30 and looking for a dash-cam for it.
I narrowed down to two options, the Vantrue E2 and the Viofo A229 Duo. Both mainly due to the below factors:
  • 2 channel
  • good video qualities as per my research
  • in my budget of around CAD 250
  • buffered parking mode
  • Good reputation
Can you guys suggest which one works the best? Tough I liked the E2 more due to its form factor and size. A229 is big to just put behind the rear mirror and hide :D
I was also looking at the Redtiger F7NP, but it doesnt have the buffered parking which did put me off.
My priorities would be video quality, parking mode(buffered parking should do the job for me) and size. :)

Thank you for your consideration of Vantrue E2 Dashcam. We would love to invite you to have a try of our product.
Please check your inbox.

Can you guys suggest which one works the best?
What about running two separate A119 Mini 2's with the new STARVIS 2 IMX675 image sensor.
That would give you the absolute best image quality for a 2-channel system for $240USD.
They should be available on Amazon in a week or so.
Or you could wait for the A229 Pro.
The new Mini 2 has voice commands, so you don't need to spend the additional $20 on Bluetooth remotes.
You can just say; "Lock Video".
Also you never have to worry about the battery dying in the remote.
In the past with this configuration you would need the remote for the rear camera.
-Chuck

What about running two separate A119 Mini 2's with the new STARVIS 2 IMX675 image sensor.
That would give you the absolute best image quality for a 2-channel system for $240USD.
They should be available on Amazon in a week or so.
Or you could wait for the A229 Pro.
The new Mini 2 has voice commands, so you don't need to spend the additional $20 on Bluetooth remotes.
You can just say; "Lock Video".
Also you never have to worry about the battery dying in the remote.
In the past with this configuration you would need the remote for the rear camera.
-Chuck
Oh, I wasn’t aware of the A229 Pro. Is it with the STARVIS 2 IMX675 image sensor? Also I am looking at a budget of CAD250 and I believe two A119 Mini 2s would go over that.

Oh, I wasn’t aware of the A229 Pro. Is it with the STARVIS 2 IMX675 image sensor? Also I am looking at a budget of CAD250 and I believe two A119 Mini 2s would go over that.
No official information has been released yet.
I saw this comment on this video.
@Mtz is a reliable source.
Screenshot 2023-06-07 1.56.08 PM.png

I been running both the A229 duo and the E2 from vantrue, not much difference in between them on the footage i feel, so there is the form factor to consider.
A229 are not big, i think it and the E2 have about the same volume.
The E2 are able to remember what camera you have set to preview, that are nice if you are going to look at the little screen while reversing.
I also somehow prefer the vantrue APP over viofos

I remember the talk about A229 PRO, but i have not heard anything new in this regard. i do prefer the standard wedge form factor VS the A139 which i call a hybrid wedge design. ( half wedge / half barrel style design )

A few weeks i whent thru the old part of a toem here called Mariager EST around the year 1400, that part had very narrow streets, and also still the old style cobble stone paving, and the mount of the E2 did not like that at all.
But paving like that are rare even in little old Denmark and on my drives on regular Danish roads i can not complain about the mount, just say it is not a favorite of mine

Oh, I wasn’t aware of the A229 Pro. Is it with the STARVIS 2 IMX675 image sensor?
A229 Pro promise 4K. And Sony STARVIS 2 IMX675 has 5MP. So most likely A229 Pro will have Sony STARVIS 2 IMX678 8MP.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Karagandinez E2 0
Agie E2 38
P E2 0
A E2 8
Skylar132 E2 2
Back