Power@Rear Cam Cables

JWT

Reaction score
Country
United States
I currently have a A139 Pro 2 channel setup. Does the power and rear camera of the A229 Pro use the same cables?

No. The rear cam uses a usb-c to usb-c cable, whereas the A139 Pro 2 channel use a coax cable.

I tried this usb-c cable - UGREEN USB C Cable 100W 2Pack, USB C to USB C Cable PD Type C Cable Fast Charge for MacBook Pro Air, iPad Pro Air, Dell XPS13 15, iPhone 15Pro Series, Galaxy S23 S22 S21 Note20, Pixel 7 Pro 6 6a, 6ft - and that did NOT work, it could be that it's power only.

I tried the usb-c cable that was on my "My Passport Utrla" WD hard drive and that DID work.

Working meaning the front cam picks up and says that it's starting in 2 channel model, not working meaning that it says it's in 1 channel mode.

Last edited:
No. The rear cam uses a usb-c to usb-c cable, whereas the A139 Pro 2 channel use a coax cable.

I tried this usb-c cable - UGREEN USB C Cable 100W 2Pack, USB C to USB C Cable PD Type C Cable Fast Charge for MacBook Pro Air, iPad Pro Air, Dell XPS13 15, iPhone 15Pro Series, Galaxy S23 S22 S21 Note20, Pixel 7 Pro 6 6a, 6ft - and that did NOT work, it could be that it's power only.

I tried the usb-c cable that was on my "My Passport Utrla" WD hard drive and that DID work.

Working meaning the front cam picks up and says that it's starting in 2 channel model, not working meaning that it says it's in 1 channel mode.
What about power cable? Actually, for me the power cable would be the worst to pull, the rear cable is easy….

You can use the A139 Pro power cable for A229 Pro.

Is there a reason the A229 Pro doesn’t use the coax anymore? wasn’t that the new feature that you don’t have to change the wire if you buy a new camera?

Is there a reason the A229 Pro doesn’t use the coax anymore? wasn’t that the new feature that you don’t have to change the wire if you buy a new camera?
The rear camera has its own processor and requires power to work.

It depends on the hardware.
If the main chipset doesn't have enough resources for the codec, it will require a separate chipset for the rear cam.

We will have a new cam using the coax cable in 2024.

It depends on the hardware.
If the main chipset doesn't have enough resources for the codec, it will require a separate chipset for the rear cam.

We will have a new cam using the coax cable in 2024.
thats interesting to know. unfortunately i can’t wait. my A139 Pro just died after 2 years for no reason and ordered the A229 Pro now…
Ofc i hoped i don’t have to exchange all cables again….

Back