Formatting new 32GB card with MacBook Pro

rubicon

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
BV DR500GW-HD
Greetings from Massachusetts…I've had my new DR500GW-HD in for about a week and it'w working great! Got it on eBay and I'm very impressed with it. I have purchased a Sony Class 10 32GB micro SD card for it and plan on installing the upgraded firmware (English v2.000, currently running v1.009 or something like that) onto the card and installing the card into the cam. I need the 32GB because I want more than 5-6 hours of recording time; car is used daily for 8 hrs minimum.

I would be extremely grateful if knowledgable users could help me in formatting this card properly and installing the new firmware onto the card. I'm relatively savvy with computers but it seems like the Blackvue is far more 'PC friendly' than 'Mac friendly' and I believe that once the v2.000 firmware is on the cam there's no going back to previous versions. The cam works great now; I would not want to screw it up by doing something wrong (or incompatible because of my Mac) and disable the cam. Thanks in advance for any advice! :D

Maybe I'll just put the new, unformatted 32GB card into the cam, format it using the cam and just be happy that I've now got 32GB of space on the card. The cam is working great with the current firmware so until I get some solid advice on upgrading the firmware with my Mac I'll just just try this.

The card is already formatted so just load the new firmware on it and put it in the camera

Thanks for the replies! I did get the sdcard.org software and formatted the card with it - very quick. Going to stick with the current firmware for now. The card is now in the cam and I'll check it out tomorrow. :)

as DashCamDave say's SDformater, does one thing and does it well and simple, been told good to format the card now and then, how true this is not sure but I've noticed with my DR500GW its good to format the sdcard once a week (when I was using the camera)

Once a month would be enough I only do mine about that often if I remember and haven't had any faults

Back again….

So far the cam (and 32GB Sony Class 10 card) is working great. Going to get a 64GB card and try that. I am getting about 12 hrs (estimated) on the card before looping. The cam is very sensitive to movement or jarring and I get 'event' recordings all the time from potholes & such. I'm gonna disable that 'event' beep b/c the thing is always beeping…Still running the v1.009 firmware (I think) and so far no probs. I have not yet re-formatted the card; maybe I'll do that once every couple of months or so. :eek:

Back