Event Files - Are they Over written ??

Anthony566

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi do event files get over written if the card is full ??

No say I have driven to work and parked up and while parked it records an event and I then set off home will it over right the event file on my drive home ?

No say I have driven to work and parked up and while parked it records an event and I then set off home will it over right the event file on my drive home ?
no, that's the whole point of an event file, it's marked not to get overwritten, the regular files will still get deleted as the card fills on a first in, first out basis, the event is flagged as write protect

no, that's the whole point of an event file, it's marked not to get overwritten, the regular files will still get deleted as the card fills on a first in, first out basis, the event is flagged as write protect

Excellent... I did think that but could not see that in writing in the Blackvue documentation.

I think you may find that they will eventually be overwritten on an oldest first basis but only after ALL the regular files have been done first.

That is to say you would have to have a card completely full of event files for it to happen. An unlikely scenario.

My Bro inlaw left a card in his camera for months and the files only went back so far.

So unless he had no events previous to the existing files it must have overwritten some event files as there was not a block of just them.

Strange but it happened

The way I read the (sparse) documentation is that there are fractions of the SD card reserved for events (20% by default), parking (20%) and driving (60%). If my interpretation is correct, each of these spaces is reused once filled up, so the event space gets overwritten as soon as those 20% are filled with event files. If the motion sensitivity is too high, i.e. many events are falsely triggered, this may happen quickly, but otherwise it should be pretty useful.

The way I read the (sparse) documentation is that there are fractions of the SD card reserved for events (20% by default), parking (20%) and driving (60%). If my interpretation is correct, each of these spaces is reused once filled up, so the event space gets overwritten as soon as those 20% are filled with event files. If the motion sensitivity is too high, i.e. many events are falsely triggered, this may happen quickly, but otherwise it should be pretty useful.
Except for people like myself who have it set on time so that idea doesn't work.
If I had it on that I would have it on the % that has the smallest event size and set the sensitivity down very low.
If you have a prang it will register even at the lowest level.

Back