Blackview v Blackvue?

Slicer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Street Guardian SG9665GC
Confused or what!

So which is the real deal or are they both doubtful candidates?

From what I can tell.....
Blackview is a brand from China by DOME tech. They offer cameras along the line of the G1W and GSXXXX series.

(Pittasoft) Blackvue is a Korean manufacturer who sells cameras based on Texas Instruments chips that used to be considered a higher end device.

If you are on a budget the G1W would be the cheapest camera I would consider looking at. I can't speak for Blackview's G1W specifically because I bought mine from eStore, but generally speaking as long as you get a real G1W you should be good to go.

In terms of Pittasoft I have not owned one myself so I can not comment first hand. However when I first started reading about DashCameras everyone said that was the way to go.

Now a few years later to me from what I read it seems to be a brand to stay away from. I don't like to jump on a brand for brand sake and don't know that I have any kind of brand loyalty. Right now good things are happening over at RoadCam, GuardTrak, and VicoVation, but if this Marcus 3 thing was to sink I would have no problem coming over to RoadCam or GuardTrak for a quality device.

Anyhow back on topic. lately maybe people who don't like the camera speak louder then people who do, but from what I have heard a while ago....

Is that they sent out "ringers" (running a higher bitrate then what was to be sold to a customer) to be reviewed.
There cameras suffer from reliability problems.
Their website was hacked and some users who had gone there to get firmware updates had their computers become infected.
The cable from their two channel model can become loose and cause the rear camera to not work.
Instead of fixing problems with models already released they were worried about releasing a new model and leaving it up to people who are kind enough to spend their free time figuring out the firmware and how to fix it so camera owners are not left in the dark.

Blackvue violates the terms of the GPL license. Image quality is good, but problems rate is relatively high. I would propose to turn to Lukas or PowerUCC side.

Thank you CYL and GET for your deliberations which I have found to be most useful so now need to have look at the ones you and GET mention.

Back