Looking for an interior shot...

Chad

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
GS9000/F9 (junk)/F900L/V2000GS/V5000GS/Panorama 2s/Mobius
I want to record the interior of my car. Small size, wide angle (140), no screen, 1080p, ir lights (they do actually work a LITTLE on the inside at night) are the options I want. Right now I am using a dual channel f70. Main unit rear facing out the back window and I have the small 2nd channel camera facing inside by the rear view mirror. Quality is horrible, so I want to upgrade to a unit dedicated just for the inside. Any suggestions? I recently ordered the "smallest hd 720..." But I don't think it's going to be what I'm looking for, not to mention all the problems it's been having. I'm still waiting for it to arrive so I haven't tested it yet. Any suggestions would be helpful!

I was looking at those, but I really wanted something with some IRs ... Unless I wire my own. Hmmmmm

I was looking at those, but I really wanted something with some IRs ... Unless I wire my own. Hmmmmm

the IR lights they use effectively do nothing, I have no doubt that a Mobius would do better just from the ambient light available than any of these cameras that 'feature' IR lights

That is true....they have a very narrow field of view. They are definitely pointless looking outward at the road, but I figured they would help a *little* on the inside view. I will check out the möbius! Thanks jokiin.

I was just looking at the wide angle möbius and it seems it's 116 degrees. Do you think that will be wide enough to cover the inside of my car? I will have to measure the distance from seats to mounting spot tomorrow. The 90 degrees on the second camera of the f70, is not wide enough. It barely covers the drivers seat and only 1/4th of the passenger seat. I was thinking 140 degrees would be better for what I'm looking for? I was even thinking about buying a set of these and trying them on a cam.....

image.jpg

Last edited:
one user here already posted some interior shots with a Mobius, not sure which lens it was but the view was really quite good

if you can't find it @niko might be able to advise, he's very well versed on these and has each of the different models, not sure if he has any interior shots from one but if he does he'd no doubt point you in the right direction

Awesome! Thanks so much!!!! I will look around for those shots!!!

Thanks for finding that Russ!!! Wow that quality is great... But just a bit too narrow at 85 degrees. I think you are right, the 118 might be good. Thanks again!!

Hey guys, Just wanted to say "Thanks"!!! My mobius arrived today and it is PERFECT!!!! That cam, with the B lens option is exactly what I was looking for. Quality is awesome, and the 116 degrees is perfect for the interior shot I was looking for.

Back