BlackVue DR500GW-HD English firmware v2.002

How to upgrade Firmware

1) Access to BlackVue homepage(www.blackvue.com) and Check the newest firmware version in “Download” Page
Please format the SD card before update the newest firmware version
2) After check the firmware version, Download the file and unzip
3) Copy Blackvue folder to SD card
4) Insert SD card and turn on the camera for upgrading firmware

it also says

[How to upgrade with the new firmware]
Download the attached file to your PC and follow the onscreen instructions to proceed with the upgrade.
For Windows Vista/Windows 7 users, you must perform the upgrade with the admin account.
* Please run this firmware as administration authority mode in Windows vista & Windows 7
* SSID will be initialized during upgrading process, Please put 'blackvue (Initial setup password)'

Not working too well but not sure if I should put the blackvue folder onto sd card or the files separately from that folder onto the sd card.....will try again later unless anyone knows

Edit.......blackvue file must go on sd card not separate files
Edit........seems to be working ok after a restart

Last edited:
Mine updated no issue. Fixed the time zone issue. No other issues or improvements noticed.

40E438BA42A021E297q7qgh0qn.jpg

I was hesitating because of the 'If it ain't broken, don't fix it.' rule, but

[Key improvements] DR500GW-HD
4) System stabilizing

convinced me. Although 2.001 seemed to have fixed my booting problem (sometimes, the device would hang during startup with the green LED lit) there were a couple of spontaneous reboots. I'm hoping 2.002 will fix this. Installation went fine. I'll be driving to work tomorrow, so I hope I made the right choice...

In the downloads I noticed

BlackVue Viewer for Windows v2.22 (English)

I was still using v2.21 and this had a translation error when you tried to export a file. There's a screenshot in this message. This is now fixed (finally).

Edit: I drove to work and back today. No starting problems and I'm under the impression shutting down is even faster than before. If they can keep this up I'm a happy customer! :)

Last edited:
Back