POWER MAGIC PRO PLUS question about installation

bycq

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a 2014 328i. I recently purchased a power magic pro plus to install on my car. I tried tapping the yellow (battery wire) to fan at 30 amp and the red (accessory wire) to head unit at 15 amp. the unit isnt turning on. please view the pictures and provide the much needed feedback. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_6530.JPG
    IMG_6530.JPG
    215.6 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_6531.JPG
    IMG_6531.JPG
    218.2 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_6532.JPG
    IMG_6532.JPG
    192.1 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_6533.JPG
    IMG_6533.JPG
    189 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_6534.JPG
    IMG_6534.JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_6535.JPG
    IMG_6535.JPG
    131.6 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_6540.JPG
    IMG_6540.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_6541.JPG
    IMG_6541.JPG
    168.9 KB · Views: 36
your BMW will have can bus controlled electrics, so it won't be as simple as finding an accessory (and probably the perm live too) - as it will be the can which activates this circuit.
The OBD probably has a true perm live, and then maybe a ciggy lighter?

I have a good friend who knows everything there is to know about BMW's, so if you can't find a true perm & temp live, post back up and I'll give him a call and see what he suggests.

I have a 2014 328i. I recently purchased a power magic pro plus to install on my car. I tried tapping the yellow (battery wire) to fan at 30 amp and the red (accessory wire) to head unit at 15 amp. the unit isnt turning on. please view the pictures and provide the much needed feedback. Thanks.

By far the best way is to use a spare fuse socket on the fuse block or if there arent any buy two addafuses and hook onto them That bypasses any electronics and is safe and secure Jus don't hook into any safety fuses like airbags etc

Read through the threads it has been covered numerous times so you just need to read about it Most have pictures of addafuses if you don't know what they are.

what are those little fuse extensions that you have called? i would love those.

what are those little fuse extensions that you have called? i would love those.

In the post above yours I described them as "ADDAFUSE" which is what a lot of people call them.

If you look through the threads, as suggested you will find instructions on how they fit and pictures of what they look like.

Most info is already discussed and a SEARCH is beneficial before asking the same thing that is asked every week or so

I bought a light tests from autoparts store $5 and that's how i was able to find the right fuses. I have an Audi which is also a can bus system.

I bought a light tests from autoparts store $5 and that's how i was able to find the right fuses. I have an Audi which is also a can bus system.

I have a VW Passat which is a similar system and just checked with a multimeter and it took aout 20 mins to install the PM and camera.
Just have to let it settle and make sure the permanent power does actually stay on after everything shuts down

I have a VW Passat which is a similar system and just checked with a multimeter and it took aout 20 mins to install the PM and camera.
Just have to let it settle and make sure the permanent power does actually stay on after everything shuts down

Yes, the thing about these can bus cars is that it takes a minute or more to completely shut down so you have to wait.

Back