Video of my DR550GW-2CH malfunctioning... wtf is wrong with it, or wtf am I doing wrong?

As above, I've used gui format in the past, but my surface tablet DOES actually still let me format in fat32 :)

As above, I've used gui format in the past, but my surface tablet DOES actually still let me format in fat32 :)
Surface pro? Thats what i use, and what i am using right now. the original pro model. I normally format on my desktop tho which runs windows 7.

no, RT, but I'm really surprised that the pro doesn't have this functionality!!

Mine had that problem, had to flash firmware 2.002 onto it, it had been on firmware 2.001 before only started freezing like that a few weeks ago.

no, RT, but I'm really surprised that the pro doesn't have this functionality!!
Maybe i just didnt try hard enough haha. Or maybe i only tried from windows 7 on my desktop and only used the sd formatter program blackvue recomends on my surface pro.

I got my new camera installed saturday night. Its worked fine so far, the one issue ive had is when my car was parked out in the sun for 20-30 min i came back and it was shut off. Does the camera have a high temperature shut off? I unplugged it for a min and it started right back up and i blasted cold air from the front vents. Havent had the freezing problem yet tho.

Mine had that problem, had to flash firmware 2.002 onto it, it had been on firmware 2.001 before only started freezing like that a few weeks ago.
Once you flash new firmware on it, do you need to continue to copy that file you download onto your card each time you format or will the camera from then on prepare your card with current firmware?

Dear pizzaengineer,

Once you have installed the latest firmware onto the camera you will not need to repeat the process, blank cards inserted from then on will have the latest firmware files on them from the cameras initializing process.

However, it appears your unit has some hardware issues. Please simply return the unit (you should not need to return all parts) to your regions distributor for a replacement.

If a customer of one of our re-sellers has any issues such as you described it is replaced.

Thank you

If you format a 64gb card into fat32 isnt it limited to 32gb?
FAT32 can technically support up to 2TB - they just decided to use the better exFAT for larger than 32GB sizes.

Back