DR550GW - SD Card Issue (Again!)

Saj

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Blackvue DR550GW
Hi guys, just need some help if possible!?

I originally had the Russain custom 1.2 firmware installed but with its problems I reverted back to Blackvue's 2.002 firmware.

The SD card is a Sandisk Ultra 64gb and was working fine until yesterday where is says "Please check the SD card".

I plugged the card into my laptop and everything seemed fine, able to view recordings no issue.

So I put it back and same problem, did a quick formate using Windows 8 and still same problem and did a full format using SDFormatter and still saying the same thing?

I have put the original 16gb SD card back in and its working fine!

Any help with this 64gb SD card?

Format it with the correct program as neither of the above will do it properly.

Its obvious if the 16g is working that the 64 is not formatted correctly and the camera cant read it.

Look through the threads for how to do it

Thanks guys, problem resolved.

When you said it needs formatting properly, I remembered it needs formatting at fat32 not exfat for the geniune firmware.

Formatted to fat32 and now works, hopefully it doesn't currupt again, but if it does atleast I know how to fix it easily.

can you just format the card with the 550? Also, does anyone know when you format the card does it erase the current config? I am assuming that it does. I have a 32GB card in my unit now but I need to put in a larger card Right now I have my car parked in a parking garage and I am using parking mode with a power magic pro. The problem i am having with the sensitivy set low (under 10) the card fills up with Parking Mode videos in 4 hours and I have the resolution set to the lowest limit. I would like to get 8 or 12 hours of video on a single card. Will a card larger than 64GB work? Do you have to format a larger card with a windows machine (fat32) first or can you just use the 550? The reason I ask is I have read on multiple occasions that you should reformat the card often. Seems like a lot of work to format using the 550 and then reconfigure your settings. I am guessing I can copy the files to my laptop..format the card and then copy the config files back to the card.

Also, I have firmware 2.01 and it doesn't seem to set the correct time. I drove for 2 hours yesterday and I thought that the GPS had locked in but it hasn't set the time correct yet. Thoughts?

can you just format the card with the 550? Also, does anyone know when you format the card does it erase the current config? I am assuming that it does. I have a 32GB card in my unit now but I need to put in a larger card Right now I have my car parked in a parking garage and I am using parking mode with a power magic pro. The problem i am having with the sensitivy set low (under 10) the card fills up with Parking Mode videos in 4 hours and I have the resolution set to the lowest limit. I would like to get 8 or 12 hours of video on a single card. Will a card larger than 64GB work? Do you have to format a larger card with a windows machine (fat32) first or can you just use the 550? The reason I ask is I have read on multiple occasions that you should reformat the card often. Seems like a lot of work to format using the 550 and then reconfigure your settings. I am guessing I can copy the files to my laptop..format the card and then copy the config files back to the card.

Also, I have firmware 2.01 and it doesn't seem to set the correct time. I drove for 2 hours yesterday and I thought that the GPS had locked in but it hasn't set the time correct yet. Thoughts?

When you insert a new SD card it will pick up the config files for you, so you do not need to do anything with any file.

With a 64gb all you need to ensure is that it is formatted to fat32 and not exfat which I learnt here. You cannot do this with windows and would suggest downloading one of the software suggested above.

Ohh nice to know. I did not even know the 64 GB worked on original firmware. I thought 32GB was the max.

Ohh nice to know. I did not even know the 64 GB worked on original firmware. I thought 32GB was the max.
ive got 64gb Ultra SD Sandisk at the moment formatted to fat32 and it works fine.

When you insert a new SD card it will pick up the config files for you, so you do not need to do anything with any file.

With a 64gb all you need to ensure is that it is formatted to fat32 and not exfat which I learnt here. You cannot do this with windows and would suggest downloading one of the software suggested above.
Wait i thought when you format the card it erases everything and you have to reapply your personal settings. i thought all the settings are on the card.

another questi0n. when you format the card, do you have t0 put the new firmware on the card again or does the camera once you install new firmware always have that firmware for when you put in a reformatted card?

When you format a card and reinsert it into the blackvue everything is copied back into the sd card with your personal settings.

You do not need to do anything.

When you format a card and reinsert it into the blackvue everything is copied back into the sd card with your personal settings.

You do not need to do anything.
I think my original one i returned was broken to hell then because i had to reset all my settings everytime.

I installed firmware 2.002 on a fat32 freshly formatted 32gb card (using the software posted) and it looks like the card will hold more now. I had an hour worth of videos and still had 22gb free. Will check again in a few days i might be fine wth 32gb but sure 64gb will resolve my space issues tokeep up with parking mode.

I installed firmware 2.002 on a fat32 freshly formatted 32gb card (using the software posted) and it looks like the card will hold more now. I had an hour worth of videos and still had 22gb free. Will check again in a few days i might be fine wth 32gb but sure 64gb will resolve my space issues tokeep up with parking mode.

You get about nine hours of highest quality video on a 32gb card Then it starts overwriting. If in parking mode you set it correctly it will only record when there is a bump or movement in the cameras view That can include someone walking past 150 ft away if sensitivity is set above minimum

You get about nine hours of highest quality video on a 32gb card Then it starts overwriting. If in parking mode you set it correctly it will only record when there is a bump or movement in the cameras view That can include someone walking past 150 ft away if sensitivity is set above minimum

Thanks Hillbilly,
I think I need to lower the movement "motion" sensitivity as right now the camera picks things up that are moving in my parking garage.

Thanks Hillbilly,
I think I need to lower the movement "motion" sensitivity as right now the camera picks things up that are moving in my parking garage.
I have mine down to 1, 0 means infinity, so it will record all the time, I tried 2-5 and it was still to sensitive, so 1 is the minimum you can go.

Back