What is the distance of the wifi in DR500GW

Capi

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hi,

What is the distancia of the wifi for this dash camera? For example, If I stay in the terrace of a pub/restaurant, can I activate the camera for record or for check what is recording? Or the terrace should stay at 2 feets of the car?

Thanks in advace,
Regards,

It depends on the sensitivity of the WiFi receiver and strength of the WiFi transmitter in the client device, too... With my older Android smartphone, if you were in the front seat I could sometimes get a good signal, with my new Android Smartphone I can get maybe 10 feet from the car, with my iPad I can get maybe 20-25 feet.

It appear that the WiFi node in the DR500GW-HD is mostly intended for use from inside the car or VERY close by.

depends, i phone 5 meter, usb wifi adapter with external antenna, 50 meters.

When I tested the WiFi with my smartphone before I mounted my Blackvue camera it worked fine (got an initial 2 second message that signal was weak then signal improved). Smartphone was about 2 feet from camera. Then I mounted camera to windshield and now when I try to connect via WiFi (even when camera is 3 or 4 inches away from smartphone) I always get weak signal message. Any ideas to correct will be appreciated.

Rocky

When I tested the WiFi with my smartphone before I mounted my Blackvue camera it worked fine (got an initial 2 second message that signal was weak then signal improved). Smartphone was about 2 feet from camera. Then I mounted camera to windshield and now when I try to connect via WiFi (even when camera is 3 or 4 inches away from smartphone) I always get weak signal message. Any ideas to correct will be appreciated.

Rocky

Test by different phones, to see if the phone had issue first!

Back