New virus? Win32.TrojanDownloader.Fraudload?

royaltree1204

Reaction score
Country
United States
I heard about the Conficker.B worm, but I'm seeing Win32.TrojanDownloader.Fraudload. Anyone else seeing this?

Hey...

Yes I have heard of this one as well.

Problem is, the virus is embedded into the software of the camera and then this software is loaded onto the SD card!

wtf?!?

For those who are having virus issues with their SD card and/or Camera where are you buying them from?

I'm assuming that a third party is installing these virus's onto the cameras/sd card in order to obtain your information. The hacker can hack into your wifi since you're camera will be connected to it.

This is some shady business...

omg35s said:
wtf?!?

For those who are having virus issues with their SD card and/or Camera where are you buying them from?

I'm assuming that a third party is installing these virus's onto the cameras/sd card in order to obtain your information. The hacker can hack into your wifi since you're camera will be connected to it.

This is some shady business...

It's nothing as sinister as that.

The machine in Korea that tests the cameras and writes the firmware is infected and it appears they don't use AntiVirus. Hence why a batch sometimes have cameras that have a virus.

Pittasoft are aware of the issue and trying to resolve it.

It's very unusual to have a network connected PC on a production line for exactly this reason, what were they thinking, this is not even the first time so they obviously don't learn from their mistakes

I wonder if the reports of viruses aren't just false positives. Perhaps try uploading the infected files to something like VirusTotal and see what it says?

Just a thought.

blackcanon said:
I wonder if the reports of viruses aren't just false positives. Perhaps try uploading the infected files to something like VirusTotal and see what it says?

Just a thought.

my first thought also whenever things like this occur, however when a Blackview dealer says Pittasoft are aware of the problem and are trying to address it then it doesn't sound promising

The virus is inside the BlackVueSetup(HD)_E_v2.030.exe file inside the Software folder. I guess this is the setup you run to install the BlackVue Viewer program on your computer. However, it isn't necessary to install the BlackVue viewer on your computer since you can view videos straight from the SD card, but a workaround is to download the updated BlackVue viewer straight from the BlackVue website: http://www.blackvue.com/en/contents/sub3.asp

Last edited by a moderator:
Back