Playback issue

Flynscot

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi, New user and still searching for info. i have a black with lettering and the latest GPS unit. I have a Sandisk 32 Gb 10 series card, tested at 10.5 write, 16.8 read. Formatted Fat32.
My problem is in the video playback. It sees only the Mov file but it has the GPS embedded so that is OK. The issue is that the playback stutters, it is like you are surging in speed, what it should be then almost half again as fast. My first recording played back at twice speed.
The GPS data is solid, no increase in speed shown and any audio is good no cartoon voices during speed up. I have watched it on media player and Registrator Viewer
Have I screwed up a basic setting. I think I have only added the date and plates stamp.
I did have a record issue with something I did but I did a factory reset and it records on ignition .
All help and suggestions would be gratefully received.

Yes I am downloading to the HDD to show the mov file.
Can you suggest line by line menu settings, I have it on 1080/30 as this is the default, but some of the other settings are a bit hit and miss.

OK, if it is PC related, although I watch other videos on this PC no issue, what should I set the dash cam at.
I have the unit at 1080 as I previously said but would the 720 setting be better as a test, less data per second. Would that determine that the data is too much for the video throughput.
I do not have the motion sensor on, I have car park setting on 2fps. Everything else I think is default except plate and date.
The playback is like someone surging the vehicle slow to fast.
Thanks again.

I am going to record another trip using a reformatted card and with the resolution set at 720/60 for one part and 1080/30 for the other.
I will load it onto my desktop HDD and see what happens.

Thanks again.

It might be worth uploading it to YouTube and then you can see from your phone or another device whether it surges the same - that's another easu way of seeing if it's the camera or your PC

Well I completed my testing today. Started by recording at 720, no real difference in playback except files are smaller as you would expect. Did same on 1080 again nothing changed except file size. I then transferred the files onto my HDD from SD again nothing different still not a smooth video replay, so it must be the fact I am using a Netbook with too little video ram. I took the same files and transferred them to my desktop, not the latest by any means but solid. It did play without stuttering however it would not play at all on the software supplied with the camera, kept showing the file being downloaded but nothing. So I opened up Registator viewer as I have that on the Netbook. It played smooth but the GPS was showing a totally different location on the map as to the view, the speed was all to hell, at one point I took a connection onto the interstate at 105kph which was wrong and would have been exciting in an SUV.
So it played but was all out of whack. I downloaded VLC ?? but it just showed the first screen and froze, the file was still running according to the time display.
It must all be down to the playback, I didn't think it would be so difficult to get a good picture as both these machines run you tube no bother.
I do not know how to upload to YouTube.

Which do you use to record on 1080 of 720?

I just wanted to confirm that there was nothing wrong with the camera within the Amazon return time .

What do you think -- video playback because of PC or dud camera??

To be fair odds are the Netbook may not be able to handle the video if it's lower powered.

If you go to mega.co.nz you can upload a file to there, then once it is done just right click it and do the get link option and paste that here so that others can try th efile for you

Thanks for all the input. I think now that this is video related to the PC. I am using the unit to record a series of trips and will load these to a faster laptop in due course.

Just for my sanity - what does the girl say after she tells you the make of the dash cam. I cannot make what she says out.

Back