Dark video from 32GB Samsung Card

Messageinabottle

Reaction score
I have a 2 week old Samsung 32 GB card but the picture is a lot darker most of the time than the usual Samsung 16GB card. The camera is a DR500GW-HD and is about 11 months old. I don't drive the car every day and if I do it's mostly only about 35 Kms round trip. I have the cards set up on Full HD 30 FPS, Highest quality and the brightest setting, ( well it is the furthest setting away from "normal" ) Is it worth trying Full HD 15 FPS and High quality rather than highest and reduce the brightness or should I just get another card? I don't like playing too much especially if it's not worth doing.

Shouldn't make the slightest difference as the data written on the card is just a series of numbers as its digital No images as such.

I have been using a Samsung 32G card for nearly two years and it performs satisfactorily. Are you sure you have the camera aimed correctly.

It should only have about 1/3 sky or you will get dark pictures as the bright sky makes it darken the image.

Similar to being in a darkish place like a car park building and looking towards a backlit subject.

A digital camera will do the same unless you compensate for it.

Well just got back from a longish trip and upon checking what the quality from the camera is I have to say
that the pictures are a massive improvement. The only slight minor downside is that I have a lot more dash in
the frame but that is well worth putting up with.

Thanks Hillbilly !

Well just got back from a longish trip and upon checking what the quality from the camera is I have to say
that the pictures are a massive improvement. The only slight minor downside is that I have a lot more dash in
the frame but that is well worth putting up with.

Thanks Hillbilly !
Well you decide what you want Dash and good pictures like most of us have or sky and crap. You do after all want a good shot of the front of the car for when you run up the back of someone LOL

Back