External USB battery packs and banks

Dashmellow

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Umpteen
Many people are finding lithium powered external power packs to be extremely useful for running dash cams for temporary but fairly extended periods. Here we can have a thread to discuss them.

When I have some more time in the next day or two I will expand on this concept, so this space is reserved for the discussion.

EDIT- 7-28-14.....Sorry, it's taking longer than I anticipated to follow up on this post. I hope to add to it here shortly. In the meantime, I've been doing some interesting run time tests with my Lenoge that I'm sure folks will find interesting.

Last edited:
Despite the best of intentions and in large part because of a major renovation project on my home sucking up most of my time last summer, I never quite got around to updating and expanding this thread as I had originally planned. In the meantime, another thread appeared that essentially became the external battery bank thread that this one was supposed to be.

So, if you've come here looking for discussions about USB external battery banks for use with your dash cam, check out Powerbank Battery for a Dashcam instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back