Problem with powering-on my camera

zander21510

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,

I bought this on Amazon, and I've only been able to get it to power on a couple of times, when I first got it I was able to push the power button and it turned on just fine, but then it shut off when it ran out of battery power (like 30 seconds). I plugged it into the wall and I couldn't get it to turn back on. I let it charge till the red light went out and still it would not turn on. I opened it up to see if something was loose, while putting it back together it randomly powered on before I even put the LCD screen and Camera back on. I was able to shut it off with the power button so I could continue putting it back together. But when it was back together, it wouldn't turn on. I did it again, and once again it turned on randomly, I'm not sure I don't think I even pushed the power button. This time I was able to go through the menus and test things and record video and everything worked just fine with it plugged in. It was a bit odd, many settings didn't match the manual and the firmware version was just a string of numbers starting with 2013....so finally I had to turn it off...which I did. And now, I can't get it to turn back on no matter what I do. Any ideas?? Also, here are some pictures of the board inside...
2mwy147.jpg

b6aeci.jpg

Dang...thanks anyway. Okay I just started noticing the red charging light keeps coming on after i push a few buttons and turning back off...could the battery be a problem? Would removing it do anything?

Hard to say, these entry price products don't have a great track record for reliability or quality control I'm afraid

Well removing the battery works. Only downside is that the time never saves. I tried re-soldering the battery on but it still did the same nonsense. I'm thinking the little chip on the battery is busted somehow. Maybe I'll hard-wire it into the car if I like it enough...thanks for the reply! :)

Hi,

About the battery. I asked earlier in this forum about battery change but did not get answer. In Your pictures are good answer for my battery question, but is it easy to change if want to better battery installed. Are those cables direct soldered to battery or are there somekind adapter between cables and battery (under plastic cover in pictures)?

Hi,

About the battery. I asked earlier in this forum about battery change but did not get answer. In Your pictures are good answer for my battery question, but is it easy to change if want to better battery installed. Are those cables direct soldered to battery or are there somekind adapter between cables and battery (under plastic cover in pictures)?

I never got it to work, and I doubt there is a replacement battery. I just returned it and got this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00FONBG1A it was worth the extra money.

Good luck.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I K2000 3
Back