Events not saving?

horsepower

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Thinkware F800
I have noticed something with my dr500. when the camera gets shocked, such as a bad pothole or bump, it will trigger an event recording. The light changes from orange to red and they show up as events in the file list. However after a few weeks of use, you would think that I would have an ever growing list of event files on the card as they are not deleted. But I am finding that is not the case. The event files just live the lifespan of a normal recording. Anyone else notice this?

I think that's normal. Event recordings are just separate so in the event of an accident, you don't have to go through hours of footage. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though!

Normally the recordings get erased in order the newest file overwrites the oldest one, no matter it`s normal or event recording. If you have set the Recording Storage Settings by Type, this means you have 3 different partitions (normal, event, parking) and each of them is acting the way I described. If you have set Storage Settings to Normal and still the event recordings will be not erased, so this is really unusual.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B DR500GW-HD 2
Back